• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gun Truck

I hear you on the linkage, but having the front wheels poseable is a very good thing. Makes a build look better to have the wheels turned, I think. :ro:

7353225426_f9facec5a2_b.jpg

Not sure this image will work. here's the url
https://farm9.static.flickr.com/8027/7353225426_f9facec5a2_b.jpg

Pretty obvious the draw bar was removable. I've seen conversation that this should be shown as cut. If it has a quick release, why cut?

https://hiveminer.com/Tags/50cal,maxson

Shows the electric motors also. :soldier

I cut mine off because it was molded in, then I drilled the holes for the coupler. Cutting it off further would minimize the shin killing trip hazard.

Cutting that receiver off completely would make it immobile also. They can put a sign on it...Trip Hazard. :rotf

Maybe this is better for the "Can Someone Please Explain?" thread but..
Why is it you all can take a Dremal to something and make it look like you want it to look like where as I can take a Dremal to something and it looks like I took a Dremal to it... :facepalm

h56fdc3c.jpg

I was trying to add some wear to the seats but it looks like I just gouged them. First the Dremal then I came across it with some Tamiya thin to soften the edges some. Maybe when I get some paint on it. :hmmm

Sorry, I missed this. Been busy at work this morning. Hard to tell, might need to add some layers of paint. :good:

Maybe this is better for the "Can Someone Please Explain?" thread but..
Why is it you all can take a Dremal to something and make it look like you want it to look like where as I can take a Dremal to something and it looks like I took a Dremal to it... :facepalm

h56fdc3c.jpg

I was trying to add some wear to the seats but it looks like I just gouged them. First the Dremal then I came across it with some Tamiya thin to soften the edges some. Maybe when I get some paint on it. :hmmm

I sanded mine with 120 grit and worked up to 320 grit final pass with 400

Wet and soggy morning means bench time. :yipee

So I've been hording these gun barrels for now on 8 years or so. They came from the Griffon Models M16 Halftrack Royal set, not sure why i got it because I don't really want to build an M16.

Removed the kit barrels and I had to drill out the base of the HMG for the mounting pin to mate. That means I have to drill center and deep enough.

h463b03f.jpg

Now there are some modelers who would break out their trusty Lathe ( :bang head ) and live center, find dead on center of the part and mark it. Use their digital caliper to find the exact thickness of the mounting pin on the barrel which would give them the exact drill bit size to use. Then transfer the piece to their mill table using a "laser" line to align the work pieces along the mill table then use the mill to drill a perfect fit, it would be straight, true and spot on accurate.

ME, I eyeballed it. Used a much bigger drill bit than needed so I have some wiggle room.

hbe13704.jpg

Looking at it from afar it should be ok but no one gets close to it with a measuring tools.
The barrels look slightly bent but I tested them by rolling under my tweezer handle and a flat hard surface and I couldn't feel any bump. But they do look bent.. :idonno

Pressing on with this! :soldier

I'd almost call you a Human Lathe since these look so great. Way to go, congrats on doing such a magnificent job.

Wet and soggy morning means bench time. :yipee

Now there are some modelers who would break out their trusty Lathe ( :bang head ) and live center, find dead on center of the part and mark it. Use their digital caliper to find the exact thickness of the mounting pin on the barrel which would give them the exact drill bit size to use. Then transfer the piece to their mill table using a "laser" line to align the work pieces along the mill table then use the mill to drill a perfect fit, it would be straight, true and spot on accurate.

ME, I eyeballed it. Used a much bigger drill bit than needed so I have some wiggle room.

Can't be me, I don't have a laser anything. I just use my mark 1-C eyeball with zoom lens for a lot of it. (the "C" is from training :D )

Looks good Bob! (y)

Back