• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gun Truck

:soldier :soldier

sorry the instructions suck so bad :vmad

Eventually I am going to build thier Shot Kal Centurion, so that makes me nervous!

Did you need the gun trailer Bob? I think I saw one up around here cheap. I can look when I get home if you want.
James

Did you need the gun trailer Bob? I think I saw one up around here cheap. I can look when I get home if you want.
James

Got one enroute James, though i'm not really sure why now... :rotf

I told Mike earlier I got this thing like really cheap at the last show. I mean "take it because we don't want to box it up to take back to the shop" pricing.. so why am I looking at spending $75 or more beefing it up? I do worry about the rubber wheels but I look at the Tamiya 2 1/2 I got on the shelf and those wheels are holding up fine.

So I find this,
http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/defdw30007.htm
for $25 but it's labeled for for AFV kits.

I find this,

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/defdk35001.htm
for $45 that is for AFV.

Do I get a mess of other stuff that may not be used to get the right wheels or take a chance?

Not sure if I would get the $45 set just for the wheels, but if I had some extra cash at the time I might. I wonder if the tires in that set say Goodyear on them or if they are in Korean?

This is the set of wheels I had gotten for my M35 truck a couple of years ago. On the DEF Models website it is sold out, so I do not know if they still make them or not. When I bought my set from Sprue Brothers, the first box they sent had the wrong wheels (they did not say Goodyear on them). I let Sprue Brothers know about the problem and they shipped out a new set that afternoon before I even got to send the first box back to them. They also checked the box while I was on the phone with them. Excellent customer service. Anyway, this is the set that should be used if it can be found.

dw35036-01.jpg

dw35036-04.jpg

Cheers,
James

I must have been typing my reply when you were typing your last post. If the Tamiya wheels seem like they would work, I'd go with those since you don't want to spend a bunch of money beefing up a kit you got really cheap. They are going to be muddy anyway, right? :)

Cheers,
James

I must have been typing my reply when you were typing your last post. If the Tamiya wheels seem like they would work, I'd go with those since you don't want to spend a bunch of money beefing up a kit you got really cheap. They are going to be muddy anyway, right? :)

Cheers,
James

Thanks James,

Red clay just like we got around these parts. :woohoo:

I think our red clay is a bit orange compared to the color I've seen in photos of Vietnam.

hb49f2c5.jpg

If you had some scale hardware you could make this suspension work. Looks like i got it a bit rocked back, might have to set it on a base to level out.

I am off the internet for 2 days and your halfway build mate Looking very hard at what youre doing mate as I was thinking of dragging my one out at some time. :drinks

Oh man.
I'll be following as I have a gun truck that I tried to finish last year. Something else I need to revisit :hmmm

:popcorn

Gun trucks seem to be allusive around here. I haven't had much bench time lately, maybe that's something that needs to be addressed. :soldier

Yes, you need to address why you don't have enough bench time. :) I've been experiencing less bench time, too. It sucks and is a condition that needs a quick remedy.

Cheers,
James

Think I'll got reset the breakers in the garage, lite the pilot light and see if I can warm it up down there. Might get me some time in tonight.

Still haven't made it to the garage. Think I'll pull this to the front of the WIP and see what more damage I can do. :soldier

Back