• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML Pz III Ausf J.

Moar progress - been really working hard on this. I have done one pinwash, added markings, vision blocks, and started to gum things up below the fenders. I also have started some oil work upfront. Lots more to do here.

JDJs9XA.jpg

SjjGiUD.jpg

This side it just airbrush work

kFF0SlC.jpg

This side has oils started.

YScd16q.jpg

Moar progress - been really working hard on this. I have done one pinwash, added markings, vision blocks, and started to gum things up below the fenders. I also have started some oil work upfront. Lots more to do here.

JDJs9XA.jpg

SjjGiUD.jpg

This side it just airbrush work

kFF0SlC.jpg

This side has oils started.

YScd16q.jpg

Very cool, unique stowage also, burned out road wheel is a nice touch.

At least there is still one consistent in this world: open a JS thread and you'll be in for a treat.

John, you're the modeling equivalent of going to a Michelin star restaurant, you may not know what's going to be on the menu, but you know it's going to be amazing.

Thanks all for the amazing responses, I am humbled.

At least there is still one consistent in this world: open a JS thread and you'll be in for a treat.

John, you're the modeling equivalent of going to a Michelin star restaurant, you may not know what's going to be on the menu, but you know it's going to be amazing.

Dude, thanks so much, but really? There are so many superstars out there I feel your statement applies more to them, I just am a duffer who has been at this a long time and learned a few tricks along the way!

Well, I didn't say three Michelin Stars...(kidding).

There are many accomplished modelers out there, but I still remember a StuG interior you did maybe 10 years ago. That is saying something since I don't even remember my own builds from then (trick answer, I still haven't finished anything).

You work is always careful, clean, involved and well composed, so I stand by my statement. Maybe it's a case of Malcolm Gladwell's 10,000 hours hypothesis, but it's the truth.

Sorry Mike missed this post. I spray at 1.5 to 2 Bar. (20 - 30 psi I will drop it down to 1 Bar (15 psi) for very close work.

Hmmm, interesting. I am spraying them at around 12psi, but am also not thinning. It seems to work, although I am going to give your method a shot as well. Thanks for the tip!

Panzer looks fabulous. I am still trying to perfect my technique with the chipping mediums before i attempt a distressed whitewash.

Thanks for sharing
Mike

Well, I didn't say three Michelin Stars...(kidding).

There are many accomplished modelers out there, but I still remember a StuG interior you did maybe 10 years ago. That is saying something since I don't even remember my own builds from then (trick answer, I still haven't finished anything).

You work is always careful, clean, involved and well composed, so I stand by my statement. Maybe it's a case of Malcolm Gladwell's 10,000 hours hypothesis, but it's the truth.

I never finished that build - I think I know where it is. I may have to go dicg it out and put it back in line.

Progress yet again! More work with oils, and I added some of the spare links after weathering them. I also have started to gum things up on the lower hull with pigments and X-22.

iafwRep.jpg

lsTBCWm.jpg

el1KYqg.jpg

rUbOSt5.jpg

Hope you like it!

Back