• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML Pz III Ausf J.

DML Pz III Ausf J. Ready 4 Paint!

Other than the hatches, and some replacement winterketten for the spare tracks - ready for paint!

OPMrVma.jpg

iSNttJw.jpg

tED0aiP.jpg

svS1QLa.jpg

h5GDqer.jpg

nCmGQsV.jpg

WTss3eZ.jpg

zsKiPBO.jpg

uBdrOoC.jpg

NOtShK0.jpg

Wow John , very impressive (y) It could have been even better with some paint description for the rest of us want to be.

Watching with great interest :D

Cheers, Christian B)

Wow John , very impressive (y) It could have been even better with some paint description for the rest of us want to be.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for the comments guys. Phantom I didn't want to sound like an walking advertisement. The kit was primed with MIG (Ammo) grey primer, then the flat black (also Mig ) was applied. This was followed by flat white (again Mig). Both the black and white where thinned with Mig acrylic thinner 1:1, and also received a drop of retarder. The white also had a transparator added. The white, thinned with water, was also brush painted on raised detail. Hope this answers your questions.

Thanks John I understand . It's more about trying to understand the process than about the product.

It seems like I have learned so much more about painting from armor people than anyone else in the last few years.

I was recently pointed out to the VA transparator and although it seems to be such a minor thing , I think it will become more important in the my future painting .

Cheers, Christian B)

It helps me as well to know what colors from what product range gives what results. I certainly understand the idea of not endorsing a product, but if it tastes like Coke, Pepsi ain't going to cut it, if you get my drift. Nothing wrong with stating the facts of what you use unless someone is paying you to use their products and you didn't. :laugh:

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for the comments guys. Phantom I didn't want to sound like an walking advertisement. The kit was primed with MIG (Ammo) grey primer, then the flat black (also Mig ) was applied. This was followed by flat white (again Mig). Both the black and white where thinned with Mig acrylic thinner 1:1, and also received a drop of retarder. The white also had a transparator added. The white, thinned with water, was also brush painted on raised detail. Hope this answers your questions.

I've just started using Ammo paints to, and I love them. What pressure are you spraying at?

Thanks
mike

Cheers, Christian B)

I've just started using Ammo paints to, and I love them. What pressure are you spraying at?

Thanks
mike

Sorry Mike missed this post. I spray at 1.5 to 2 Bar. (20 - 30 psi I will drop it down to 1 Bar (15 psi) for very close work.

Back