• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry - Phil - Revell B-25J Gun Nose - Done!

Re: CTA Entry - Phil - Revell B-25J Gun Nose

My heart went cold when I saw the nacelles with a strange surface until I realized you had masked the quarter diameter anti-reflective paint. Phew!

Regards,

Now now Saul you should know better!!!

yes staying masked while I polished so the OD didn't turn silver :D

That's a lotta paint!

Thinnest paint I've ever used! small bottles too.. !!

Dear Phil.

...excelent coverage...love the painting application :dude

:drinks

Luiz.

Better pics this time, this colour is tough to capture correctly with the camera!

Did some more polishing today, paint is really starting to harden right out now, before copious amounts of silver coated the fingers like talc powder when you handled it!

running a finger along the kit now yields no residue

one of the trickiest colours to get correct, these are very close but still lacks some depth and lustre

DSC_7032x1.jpg

DSC_7022x1.jpg

DSC_7025x1.jpg

DSC_7027x1.jpg

DSC_7028x1.jpg

DSC_7038x1.jpg

DSC_7018x1.jpg

DSC_7043x1.jpg

added some panel shade variations after these pics.

more later

Great looking finish!

(y)

Your doing a wonderful, bang-on job, Phil. I'm liking it!!

Thanks guys, can't do anything else for a while on this one as our weather has turned nasty, either humid as hell, rainy or wind blowing dust all over the place, not taking chances with the metal sealer coat that is next. :vmad

weather has turned nasty, either humid as hell, rainy or wind blowing dust all over the place

Oh well; with such a fine metalized finish coming down the pipe, its likely best to wait for the proper time and conditions. (y)

Me, I'm shoveling snow 2x a day in the -20C, so its a good time to stay inside and model on.

Now I'm getting a good feeling about this one - weather was ok for a change! 10am this morn shot the metalizer sealer, after an hour it was nice and dry - nicely sealed, so !!

DSC_7094x2.jpg

worked on this until 10.30 tonight - for the Eagle eyes!!! that engine is just blu tac'd on !!!

The Testors Metalizer sealer worked so well, I just did one light coat and a few short spray repeats in certain areas.
DSC_7076x2.jpg

Landing lights - I save these bits of clear scrap off the clear parts sprue's
DSC_7084xl.jpg

DSC_7077x1.jpg

DSC_7079x1.jpg

DSC_7080x2.jpg

Vallejo black wash used in some areas, there are not many recessed panel lines on this one so I'm going to stain selected areas but not go crazy with it.
Tamiya weathering set used for the tyre dust
DSC_7081xa1.jpg

DSC_7089x1.jpg

DSC_7087x1.jpg

for the three ID lights I drilled out the circles
DSC_7100xll.jpg

these will be painted with a drop of clear colours and glued in
DSC_7082xwl.jpg

All doors are on
DSC_7098x2.jpg

DSC_7099x2.jpg

Also added two new fuel and breather vents from brass tube
DSC_7124x1.jpg

DSC_7125x1.jpg

DSC_7126x1.jpg

DSC_7130x1.jpg

I was very relieved that the sealer didn't destroy the metal appearance and very glad I sprayed it today - it's raining once again!!

I might just give this natural metal finish a tryout on my OOB CF-100 Mk V (not the Mk IV I have posted on this forum) and see how it works for me.

I like the first aid box in the area just behind the cockpit on the right side of the aircraft.

The model is looking good and I'm glad the weather co-operated with you so you were able to get that sealer applied.

Cheers

WOW! That's beautiful, Phil- excellent NMF work. :drinks

Thanks Tankbuilder and Chuk

Did the ID lights tonight
DSC_7134x1.jpg

painted and fitted the cooling jackets to the nose guns - bent the crap out of some of them :angry:

DSC_7145x1.jpg

DSC_7146x1.jpg

checked that the props spin after gluing the shaft/engine to the inner cowling - prop isn't glued on yet!
DSC_7157x1.jpg

Wow that's looking nice!!

:popcorn

Well!! here we are to date
decals went on very nice, all except the nose one - end result - well you can see, best one could do with it, had to remove the first half and cut in various places to make it join and conform to the shape, one of the toughest decals I've ever worked with.
Three hits with Future helped rid some probs but still has some creases that just cannot be smoothed out.
still have to do a little patching up with paint on the decal
DSC_7185x1.jpg

DSC_7186x1.jpg

DSC_7187x1.jpg

DSC_7189x1.jpg

DSC_7190x1.jpg

DSC_7191x1.jpg

Back