• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry - Phil - Revell B-25J Gun Nose - Done!

Phil

Went to the LHS today and this one was still there so plenty of time left - I may get her done!

DSC_6068a.jpg

DSC_6069a.jpg

I was thinking about replacing the kit barrels with brass Aber or Master model but at AU $10 for a pack of two......!!

OOB build on the way.

Re: CTA Entry - Phil - Revell B-25J Gun Nose

Great Phil you have not done a lot of american birds before.

Phil please get a time stamp with the unbuilt kit! Unless we know it's not started before the start date I can't accept this as a entry. Sorry...

Phil you will love that kit. I built the glass nose a few years back and it was a nice fairly simple build. Just watch the seam around the horizontal stabilizer.

Apologies MP,

well I did crack the seals after the first post this afternoon and started some cleaning up, and tonight glued a few pieces together,
DSC_6088time.jpg

Definitely not started before the date.

Cheers!

Just watch the seam around the horizontal stabilizer.

and the engine nacells

Add weight to the nose if you don't wish to use the open rear boarding hatch with the step ladder.

The markings are awesome!

Sunday Punch, 44-86698, was purchased with funds provided by the K-25 workers of Oak Ridge, Tennessee, during the war. Here is a photo before the face was added:
punch.jpg

7186380223_27b4d9eb61_o.jpg

7186380227_6eba71a506_o.jpg

Restoration of the markings seen here:

Here is a restored aircraft with the Sunday Punch markings (click on images to see the Google Image Search with which they were found):

Yes, it isn't a shark but I like her!

Regards,

Apologies MP,

well I did crack the seals after the first post this afternoon and started some cleaning up, and tonight glued a few pieces together,
DSC_6088time.jpg

Definitely not started before the date.

Cheers!

Cheers! Entry accepted :drinks

Thanks MP!

I'll be surprised if I do finish this one anyways!! :yipee

The paint method will most certainly slow me right up :D

Thanks for the heads up on the prob areas guys.

Sunday Punch version so NMF Kiwigunner

Saul - freaking awesome photos Thank You for posting those up.

Great reference photos of the NMF which gives me some ideas how I will attempt to do the finish.

Yep already thought about adding nose weight Saul! I get this strange Deja Vu feeling about tail draggers - TA154, Meteor F1, Me262 U4, Do335A somehow drawn to buy them!!

ok here is the interior parts almost ready for the chromate green, i did a bit more cleaning up of some bad injector pin marks, there is alot of flash on parts as well
DSC_6090a.jpg

some curious date stamps
DSC_6098b.jpg

DSC_6095b.jpg

dry fitted to check dihedral
DSC_6101b.jpg

wing parts not fully cleaned up yet
DSC_6100b.jpg

checking gaps
DSC_6102b.jpg

DSC_6103b.jpg

DSC_6106b.jpg

DSC_6107b.jpg

that tail piece does sit flush I didn't notice it popped up before I took the pic
DSC_6104b.jpg

DSC_6108b.jpg

more soon, and a nice enhancement on the way for this bird!

A small progress report, interior parts painted,detailing to come but won't be that much as it won't be seen once all together.

One bad thing about this kit are the gun barrels, which is a main feature for this "Gun Nose" version,as you can see.
DSC_6223xg.jpg

DSC_6225xg.jpg

DSC_6226xg.jpg

DSC_6245xg.jpg

The tail gun,
DSC_6228xg.jpg

Now for some Magic!!
DSC_6231xg.jpg

A much better look than the smooth thin plastic
DSC_6236xg.jpg

DSC_6239xg.jpg

The enhancements turned up today!
DSC_6242xg.jpg

Brass barrels by RB Model
DSC_6243xg.jpg

Sharp! A real improvement.

:popcorn

Been grinding away with small bits, painting parts (not worth putting any pics of this up yet as I have parts half done all over the place !!) Lots of test fitting, this one needs it! fit generally isn't too bad but it does need care.

Tonight I attacked the nose guns - alignment special here!
DSC_6249fg.jpg

as you can see that nose cone needs some work!
With it being covered by a large decal I'm thinking of smoothing it down once it's glued in place, you wont see any detail on the plastic anyway
DSC_6248fg.jpg

I would have liked the option of fitting the barrels after the decals but this is impossible the way the kit goes together, this is going to be very tricky when the times comes for decals.

DSC_6247ftg.jpg

Revell has the nosecone called out to be painted white for the decal colours , so I will paint the section white before i glue the cone on around the barrels, I can always touch up the white paint with a brush then mask this section off.

Back