• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA entry Phantom II Saburo Sakai's A6M2

Thanks for looking guys and for the nice comments .

Well, here we are . The canopy work is complete and the and the matt varnish dried overnight .

It is ready for final assembly and some dirt.. .

ready_for_assy_001.JPG

Thanks for looking . Hope you enjoy.

Cheers, Christian B)

Well the good news is that this thing is finished.

The bad is that half of the glamor shots are not worth printing.

When I went to install the landing gear struts, one of the alignment pins was missing :bang head , so a small hole had to be drilled and a piece of sprue was glued in :blink . Latter, everything was epoxied together.

done_001a.jpg

With that out of the way, the seat was next. So far I have managed to break the kit seat and the after market seat several times
This is a hybrid of the remains of both seats which I also managed to break . :vmad

done_002a.jpg

I managed to install some Eduard prepainted seat belts without any more trauma :fencing

done_007s.jpg

done_008a.jpg

done_009.JPG

done_005a.jpg

Well, when, when I come back I will take more pitures . Hopefully, they will be better.

Thanks for looking . Hope you like it .

Cheers, Christian B)

Absolutely fantastic Chirs. I cant believe you got the plumbing in and the 2 landing gear position indicators on something that small. Awesome stuff (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

James , I don't mean to say it's easy but that's how I have managed to keep the collection growing without running out of space and still not having them look like toys.
If you look hard enough, you might even see the mooring rings :D but they are black also.

Cheers, Christian B)

sure can't tell all the trouble you had with this Chris, good job! Make sure you post it on the CTA completion thread. (y)

Well, I got some more beauty shots .

2_n_d_try_006b.jpg

2_n_d_try_003b.jpg

2_n_d_try_001b.jpg

2_n_d_try_004b.jpg

2_n_d_try_007d.jpg

This has been a very enjoyable build. Any problems referred to were due to my big thumbs. :S

Although I have built quite a few Japanese planes , this is my first in the early paint schemes and I like it very much. I hope you will like it also

Thanks for looking. Comments are welcomed .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back