• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry - Bagge - Fiesler Storch 1/35

Looks really nice. When you pull the tape try at 45 degrees back and 45 degrees inboard or outboard. Should stop pull ups.
James

Not much done today, masked and sprayed the base green on the fuselage and then the yellow on the underside of the wingtip, don't look to much on the overspray... i will deal with that tomorrow :bang head

P1110470.JPG

P1110469.JPG

I hope the paint don't follow the masking tape when i pull it off... :hmmm
//Mats

Really nice work Mats

Real nice work, coming along great!

I hope the paint don't follow the masking tape when i pull it off...

are you using acrylics?

I use these on 99% of all my builds - primer of choice = Tamiya rattlecan Fine white

Acrylics = Gunze / Mr Hobby

never any paint lift.

let the acrylics cure for a day or two, you will find you never have to worry about paint lift.

HTH

Thanks for the tips and i will try those out :)
Gonna continue painting now so pics coming later :)
//Mats

Results so far from the painting :huh:

P1110479.JPG

P1110481.JPG

P1110482.JPG

P1110484.JPG

P1110485.JPG

I had problems getting the masking tape off of the landinggear, but i managed without breaking something, need to touch up the paint a little here and there, now a yellow stripe around the tail section and decals :coolio
//Mats

Opps, not a big issue to fix, mask off that trailing frame then squirt some more paint over it, you'll be good. Or if you have some decal paper, paint it the same color and cover the frame. Thinking of doing that on my two aircraft build I have in progress.

Nice work Mats, the frame around the canopy is nice and crisp, well done! :pilot

Looking good,Mats! (y)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wZouzzfZcrg

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks for all the nice comments :drinks
Just feel that i'm doing things backwards but it's going forward :D
Yellow stripes painted and both wings ready for masking and painting the green camo upperside.
A pic of the bench chaos ( the tidy side is Veerle's)
P1110487.JPG

P1110491.JPG

Masked alot this time to avoid overspray :bang head
P1110492.JPG

Tried it on a base, what you think? just a simple grass base with a feldgendarm walking with hi's german shepard
P1110498.JPG

P1110499.JPG

Thinking of using this guy.
P1110500.JPG

Now waiting for the paint to cure and then tomorrow paint the green and decals :D :pilot
//Mats

This is looking really good bagge. Can't believe how much you've got done.

I think the base is a great idea with the figures. (y)

Paddy i think i stay on the ground, with one flying thingie now and then :soldier
Started with the decals today, the zwastika on the tail was a pain because it comes in two parts :blink
Guess they can't print it out for some law reason in germany, the finns used it to during the war so what about those? they were blue but otherwise no difference (the finnish markings in this kit is black so that's not correct)
P1110503.JPG

P1110504.JPG

Masking off the underside of the wings, managed to get green spots on the yellow anyway :bang head also tipped over the paint and dropped one of the wings :bang head :bang head :bang head

P1110505.JPG

P1110509.JPG

I hope the darker green coming ontop of the small scratches :hmmm
//Mats

Back