• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry - Bagge - Fiesler Storch 1/35

I love this airplane. Low and slow for me!
keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Bill

thanks guys, i feel i'm in unknown territory here with this flying thing :D
A question for you pilots out there, How do you break down the model for painting?
I thought to do the wings separate..... or is it better to put the whole shabang together before painting?
Doing a 2 colour camo from the eastern front (and the light blue underside ofcourse) so i thought it would be tricky with the masking if i glue on the wings... :hmmm
//Mats

I always attach everything myself. For something like this I would probably do what I do with my 109's that had struts on the horizontal stab. Just tack them in with whhite glue or whatever until the wings dry and are stable. Then remove them and paint. Then glue them back in after painting is done. That way the wings dry in the proper position. I see people doing seperate assemblies all the time though and they come out nice also. I think this is a technique/preferance type of decision Mats. Its experimental time. :D
Looking good what you have so far, cant wait to see more.
James

Build is going fairly good, not much left until it's time for painting, managed not to screw up the big canopy to much :unsure: so much glass!! :bang head i remember why i stopped with airplanes...big fingerprints with glue on the clear plastic on a 1/32 spitfire :sick:

Had some help of 2 proffesinal models when taking pics of the plane, as you can see it has happened a little since last update :D

P1110457.JPG

P1110459.JPG

P1110460.JPG

P1110461.JPG

P1110462.JPG

P1110464.JPG

Tomorrow i will try and finnish it up for painting :hmmm

//Mats

even his cats are critics. Poor Matts, way out of his element just like Paddy. :laugh:

I must say Matts that those seats sure look comfy. And you are doing a bang up job on that build.
I really like it.

Bedankt Ron :)
Have the main body (is that the right term?) and one wing primed, and working on the second wing.

P1110466.JPG

P1110465.JPG

//Mats

Thanks, yes it is bigger than i thought, i painted the blue/gray underside of the "fuselage" :D and wing today, and the other wing is done too, gonna paint that so i have them all ready for the camo.
Pics comes tomorrow sorry
//Mats

Not much done today, masked and sprayed the base green on the fuselage and then the yellow on the underside of the wingtip, don't look to much on the overspray... i will deal with that tomorrow :bang head

P1110470.JPG

P1110469.JPG

I hope the paint don't follow the masking tape when i pull it off... :hmmm
//Mats

Back