• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BOMBER COMMAND"AIR GROUP ACTIVATED"

Re:BOMBER COMMAND

MrT wrote:
Kreighshoer wrote:
MrT wrote:
Finally my intent was showcase military aircraft which would exclude civilian uses for some of the same aircraft (sorry Sherman).

that lowers the number of players to three again!

Not so fast back to 4 and Sherman is not out of it yet.

Terry :laugh:

That's FIVE. You didn't think of having a flying thingie GB and me not be in it did you?

Now..what to build?
I know... an armor busting bomber!!! :evil:

Black-Sheep1 wrote:
MrT wrote:
Kreighshoer wrote:
MrT wrote:
Finally my intent was showcase military aircraft which would exclude civilian uses for some of the same aircraft (sorry Sherman).

that lowers the number of players to three again!

Not so fast back to 4 and Sherman is not out of it yet.

That's FIVE. You didn't think of having a flying thingie GB and me not be in it did you?

Now..what to build?
I know... an armor busting bomber!!! :evil:

Naw you are number 6

Terry B)

Re:BOMBER COMMAND"PLAYER COUNT 6"

Don't count me out. I would like to do a Bomber B-17 or B-25 or a A/B-26, maybe a B-24 but I would build one. If Fire Bombers would be included I would do one. Another GB that is out of my comfort zone. So I like the idea. I'm in.

Re:BOMBER COMMAND"PLAYER COUNT 6"

Would I be able to enter with a 88mm anti aircraft gun ? Bombing the ground with damaged flying thingies :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .

James AKA "Badger" you are going to be good friends with Richie in the deepest darkest depths of the naughty corner . :woohoo:

Jenny :kiss:

jenny croft wrote:
Would I be able to enter with a 88mm anti aircraft gun ? Bombing the ground with damaged flying thingies :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .

James AKA "Badger" you are going to be good friends with Richie in the deepest darkest depths of the naughty corner . :woohoo:

I'll follow that with an A-6E Intruder.....they do quick work of AA guns and armor.
:evil:

MrT wrote:
moon puppy wrote:
Well we still have not had an absolute ruling from Mr. T. on the definition of a Bomber. I would say if the aircraft was build intended to be a bomber/dive bomber, torpedo bomber, then it's fair game. But what about the WWI aircraft that were adapted for bombing roles?

Terry, I think you need to make yourself clear here..

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier. To clarifiy what I mean as to bomber type. Any plane whose intended mission was to be a bomber whether it be level, dive, or torpedo. However in WW I there are pictures of planes with racks of grenades on the side. In this case the particular plane with picture documentation would be required to be accepted into the build. In WW II many fighter planes could be fitted with bombs, but their intended purpose was not in the bomber role which I think would exclude them from the build. Finally my intent was showcase military aircraft which would exclude civilian uses for some of the same aircraft (sorry Sherman).

Terry B)

Military aircraft in Civilian service excluded? What about converted bomber in Government service such as USDA Forestry Service.

MrT wrote:
... Any plane whose intended mission was to be a bomber whether it be level, dive, or torpedo. However in WW I there are pictures of planes with racks of grenades on the side. In this case the particular plane with picture documentation would be required to be accepted into the build. In WW II many fighter planes could be fitted with bombs, but their intended purpose was not in the bomber role which I think would exclude them from the build. Finally my intent was showcase military aircraft which would exclude civilian uses for some of the same aircraft (sorry Sherman).

Terry,

Out of curiosity, the Neptune shown is not a hack in civilian service but a 'fire-bomber' (actually a water bomber). Bombers were specifically chosen for this task because the bomb bay could hold the water/foam tank. I am not arguing to include them but to mention that you probably should state exploding bomb/torpedo/mine...

Just saying, ;)

Sherman 18 wrote:
Don't count me out. I would like to do a Bomber B-17 or B-25 or a A/B-26, maybe a B-24 but I would build one. If Fire Bombers would be included I would do one. Another GB that is out of my comfort zone. So I like the idea. I'm in.

All right Sherman!! That makes 7

Terry B)

jenny croft wrote:

An anti aircraft gun on and airfield would be neat diorama, but there must be a bomber in dio also. A wrecked bomber would be cool also.

Terry ;)

moon puppy wrote:
MrT wrote:
moon puppy wrote:
Well we still have not had an absolute ruling from Mr. T. on the definition of a Bomber. I would say if the aircraft was build intended to be a bomber/dive bomber, torpedo bomber, then it's fair game. But what about the WWI aircraft that were adapted for bombing roles?

Terry, I think you need to make yourself clear here..

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier. To clarifiy what I mean as to bomber type. Any plane whose intended mission was to be a bomber whether it be level, dive, or torpedo. However in WW I there are pictures of planes with racks of grenades on the side. In this case the particular plane with picture documentation would be required to be accepted into the build. In WW II many fighter planes could be fitted with bombs, but their intended purpose was not in the bomber role which I think would exclude them from the build. Finally my intent was showcase military aircraft which would exclude civilian uses for some of the same aircraft (sorry Sherman).

Terry B)

Military aircraft in Civilian service excluded? What about converted bomber in Government service such as USDA Forestry Service.

Well to start with I was ok with civilian service, but I have made a ruling now so I better stick to it.

Terry :blush:

Kreighshoer wrote:
please make a list of the players terry, you can put that list in your opening post!

It is done! Your wish is my command. ;)

Terry B)

MrT wrote:
To clarifiy what I mean as to bomber type. Any plane whose intended mission was to be a bomber whether it be level, dive, or torpedo. However in WW I there are pictures of planes with racks of grenades on the side. In this case the particular plane with picture documentation would be required to be accepted into the build. In WW II many fighter planes could be fitted with bombs, but their intended purpose was not in the bomber role which I think would exclude them from the build.

that sorts a STOL liaison aircraft out of the game!

player count seven!

Kreighshoer wrote:
MrT wrote:
To clarifiy what I mean as to bomber type. Any plane whose intended mission was to be a bomber whether it be level, dive, or torpedo. However in WW I there are pictures of planes with racks of grenades on the side. In this case the particular plane with picture documentation would be required to be accepted into the build. In WW II many fighter planes could be fitted with bombs, but their intended purpose was not in the bomber role which I think would exclude them from the build.

that sorts a STOL liaison aircraft out of the game!

player count seven!

ARRRG!!! FLAK!!!

MrT wrote:
jenny croft wrote:

An anti aircraft gun on and airfield would be neat diorama, but there must be a bomber in dio also. A wrecked bomber would be cool also.

Terry ;)

There might be the route to take to get these aircraft holdouts to build a Wingything. Build the bomber as a victim. :blink

moon puppy wrote:
MrT wrote:
jenny croft wrote:

Terry ;)

There might be the route to take to get these aircraft holdouts to build a Wingything. Build the bomber as a victim. :blink

Yeah a wrecked German bomber burning on the ground would be a neat dio.

Terry B)

MrT wrote:

indeed!

didn't shep paine build a wrecked bomber dio back in the 70ies? i think i have seen that somewhere, sometime ... and it was way cool!

Kreighshoer wrote:
MrT wrote:

indeed!

didn't shep paine build a wrecked bomber dio back in the 70ies? i think i have seen that somewhere, sometime ... and it was way cool!

Yes it was a 1/48 B-17. Really cool!!

b-17_heading_1_20100910_1363081958.jpg

Terry B)

Re:BOMBER COMMAND"PLAYER COUNT 7"

Does anyone make a 1/144 Halifax? My Grandpa was a radio operator in the 426th Thunderbird squadron during the war. I'd love to do a model of my Grandpa's plane plane to go with the 1/144 Hercules I built for my uncle who flew those when he was in the forces.

If a 1/144 Halifax exists I'd like to join.

Ted

Back