• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BOMBER COMMAND"AIR GROUP ACTIVATED"

Re:BOMBER COMMAND

Would a Fire Bomber work in there?

71_This_is_a_US_Fire_Bomber_Just_an.jpg

Now is that not the COOLEST picture!!!!!!!!

I don't even know what kinda plane it is.

a flying thingy gb! here! on TANKS and things!

i remember that we tried to pat the flying thingy builders with a gb last year but it failed and faded into oblivion!

my enthusiasm is very limited but there seems to be some demand this time!

Re:BOMBER COMMAND "FLIYING TRACKS"

Kreighshoer wrote:
a flying thingy gb! here! on TANKS and things!

i remember that we tried to pat the flying thingy builders with a gb last year but it failed and faded into oblivion!

my enthusiasm is very limited but there seems to be some demand this time!

Who says a bomber can't have tracks.

convair-b36-peacemaker_11_1_20100909_1123698028.jpg

convair-b36-peacemaker_17_2_20100909_1009906867.jpg

convair-b36-peacemaker_18_3_20100909_1708055181.jpg

800px-b-36_tracked_gear_edit_4_20100909_1933612286.jpg

That's right tracks on a bomber :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Terry :woohoo:

Re:BOMBER COMMAND "FLIYING TRACKS"

To get an idea of how big that thing was, look at the second picture, you can see the shadow of a man at the lhs gear. And I think he's actually standing on the tracks so he may look a little taller.

moon puppy wrote:
To get an idea of how big that thing was, look at the second picture, you can see the shadow of a man at the lhs gear. And I think he's actually standing on the tracks so he may look a little taller.

I have the 1/72 model of the B-36 and a 1/72 Abrams tank. You could park two M-1's side by side on the wing root of a B-36. Now that's big!! :blink

Terry B)

who says tanks cannot fly?

3434313966363861.jpg

to clarify my standpoint: my enthusiasm for a flying thingy gb here on tnt is very limited but that doesn't mean that we cannot have one here! that's what i wanted to point out with "there seems to be demand" ...

here's a deal: bring me ten players and we have a bomber command gb running!

(hmmmmm ... since the FI-282 carried 2 5kg bombs, would that qualify this coolest looking helicopter as a bomber?)

Well we still have not had an absolute ruling from Mr. T. on the definition of a Bomber. I would say if the aircraft was build intended to be a bomber/dive bomber, torpedo bomber, then it's fair game. But what about the WWI aircraft that were adapted for bombing roles?

Terry, I think you need to make yourself clear here..

Kreighshoer wrote:
who says tanks cannot fly?

3434313966363861.jpg

to clarify my standpoint: my enthusiasm for a flying thingy gb here on tnt is very limited but that doesn't mean that we cannot have one here! that's what i wanted to point out with "there seems to be demand" ...

here's a deal: bring me ten players and we have a bomber command gb running!

(hmmmmm ... since the FI-282 carried 2 5kg bombs, would that qualify this coolest looking helicopter as a bomber?)

Oh I know that Laura :laugh: We can't have a GB for just two people. Ten player is a fair number. So Pup the gauntlet has been thrown down. I guess it will be up to us to drum up some business.

Terry ;)

Rob -MadAsKiwi- Mooar wrote:
I'm in.. but only if Wingnut finish the Gotha before the GB starts..

Probably won't be until next year sometime.

THERE'S 2 PLAYERS

Terry B)

Sherman 18 wrote:

If looks like a bomber to me.

Terry B)

moon puppy wrote:
Well we still have not had an absolute ruling from Mr. T. on the definition of a Bomber. I would say if the aircraft was build intended to be a bomber/dive bomber, torpedo bomber, then it's fair game. But what about the WWI aircraft that were adapted for bombing roles?

Terry, I think you need to make yourself clear here..

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier. To clarifiy what I mean as to bomber type. Any plane whose intended mission was to be a bomber whether it be level, dive, or torpedo. However in WW I there are pictures of planes with racks of grenades on the side. In this case the particular plane with picture documentation would be required to be accepted into the build. In WW II many fighter planes could be fitted with bombs, but their intended purpose was not in the bomber role which I think would exclude them from the build. Finally my intent was showcase military aircraft which would exclude civilian uses for some of the same aircraft (sorry Sherman).

Terry B)

MrT wrote:
Finally my intent was showcase military aircraft which would exclude civilian uses for some of the same aircraft (sorry Sherman).

that lowers the number of players to three again!

Kreighshoer wrote:
MrT wrote:
Finally my intent was showcase military aircraft which would exclude civilian uses for some of the same aircraft (sorry Sherman).

Hi there it could have been worse given the title of the GB. When I first saw "Bomber Command" I thought the GB was limited to British aircraft as the bomber segment of the Royal Air Force was called Bomber Command.

This will give me a reason to finally build that Airfix Handley Page 0400 kit I have.

Cheers from Peter

Kreighshoer wrote:
MrT wrote:

Not so fast back to 4 and Sherman is not out of it yet.

Terry :laugh:

Re: BOMBER COMMAND

jenny croft wrote:
Okay , let me write these down , Terry , Johnny , James , Moon Pup and Saul , all going to the naughty corner ! Aw heck , you are already in there anyways :woohoo: !!!!!

Jenny :kiss:

Fine me and the Badgers are going to the corner. :(

Hey maybe the Soccer guys would like this better when I get there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22HWyqjfm_4&feature=related

James

Sherman 18 wrote:

That looks like a Lockheed SP-2H Neptune.

Back