• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All photos from Chattanooga posted.

New reports from Chattanooga will be posted here!

Part:3

h9ca8d75.jpg

h605f115.jpg

hb5e2b80.jpg

hfba017e.jpg

h209b933.jpg

h4b05bfd.jpg

hb3d6749.jpg

heabf69d.jpg

hef13f42.jpg

h0f5adb8.jpg

hfdcdc51.jpg

h99d27a4.jpg

Juggs....

Really like the Jeep in a crate. You know there's some warehouse somewhere that has a stack of those things right now.

Not too long ago I saw a YouTube vid of a guy that had bought a B-17 belly turret NEW IN CRATE fitted it with s pair of M2 50 cal mg’s And had it at a shoot

Way to go Paul, well deserved. Having your detail report on how you built it probably helped judging I would think.

My report starts at 0400 when I picked up Eric for the Chattanooga run. It was oh so dark, no moon other than in the driver seat. Short pit stop at the just opened Micky D for Mocha and sausage biscuit got us fueled up, I was pointing out some of the roadside attractions along Hwy72 but...it was still dark. I missed the left turn in Athens, didn't have navigator turned on but you'd think I know the way to Atlanta. This side track added about 10 minutes but besides that we made great time to Chattanooga. So well we had to wait for the doors to open.

Got in the vendor hall and started scoping out all the folks around. Quickly meet up with Barney after all these years, really nice talking to him. Found out that we were at Grand Forks at the same time, you can't get away with nutthin'...

First spotted the Roden Dr1 on the Squadron table but I didn't snatch it just yet, wanted to check the other offerings before commitment. About that time we made contact with Paul and I reengaged pillage mode. Picked up some odds and ends that I may or may not really need, Uschi wood grain detail, some Yellow Wings decals for a Wake Island Wildcat. I discussed with them the various Brewster Buffalo issues I've had, might have to revisit that one.

I called Mark to check on his whereabouts, he said he was in a 1:72 scale meeting, first thought was a bunch of guys sitting around really little tables and chairs having a little meeting... :rotf I slipped back around to the Squadron table and acquired the Roden Dr1. :coolio

Scoped out the Wingnut Wing table and the new Dr1 does look great, I know as soon as I finish the Roden, the WnW will be released. How many times has it happened.

Took a short break with the guys, that's when I ran into Mark The Duke and Graham from Ontario IPMS eh...Had a fun conversation about the perils of messing with gate and boarder guards and various techniques of smuggling goods into Canada. (in theory of course)

I got into the model room at that point and saw "the collection."

he414f32.jpg

Found this interesting at the Tamiya table. I know some of y'all will really like this.
h1e76865.jpg

h5f9fc82.jpg

h322a922.jpg

Sorry, didn't get any release details.

Eric reconned one that had slipped my mind, replacement for Lullubelle

h33e77ee.jpg

:soldier

On the way home we discussed if we've seen anyone build this yet, I know I'm not the first kid on the block to have it, I'll try to put together a quick In Box later this week.

I didn't get around to seeing all 4500+- models on show but I took some snaps of things that caught my eye. No particular order.

h5648a51.jpg

h88f38ed.jpg

h65c5204.jpg

h316ea3e.jpg

hd05de04.jpg

h232eb0d.jpg

ha9e69e6.jpg

Here's the group shot I was able to get with the help of Graham of Canada eh...

h5d3bb98.jpg

Eric and I missed breakfast with the Lettermans, should have done a bit more planning on that one. We headed down the mountains about 0800 and got back in to Greenwood about 1. I've been nappin' ever since... :rotf

Great to see everyone, looking forward to the next trip and getting back on the bench being newly recharged.

Think the Hummel is already available? :idonno

I'm nearly done with the build review...some stubborn sink marks on those rear doors...but here's the First Look:

http://amps-armor.org/SiteReviews/ShowReview.aspx?id=14392

Mike I saw it on the table, wasn't implying it was not out or even new, it just caught my eye.

Ah gotcha....

It's pretty much retooled with newer figures and link and length tracks...

Awards slideshow has been posted. No details, just images.

http://svsm.org/gallery/chattanooga2019-awards

The 1/32 Dam buster Lancaster is just INSANE COOL!
Did Gotha bombenwerferflugzeuge really have hinged wings? No tailhook?
Thank you, Men for taking the time & trouble to post these pictures & commentary from Chattanooga!
I KNOW how time consuming it can be!
Those of us looking on from the "Sidelines" don't have to feel completely left out of the fun!
:ro: :notworthy (y) :ro: :notworthy (y) :ro: :notworthy (y)

Just got home from Chattanooga. I didn't take any model photos,I figured many others would do that and I was right! I did take a lot of photos of people.Photos of all the modelersalliance.org members of course, but others I have known for many, many years. Some of these guys we haven't seen in 20 or 30 years. I'll just post them all and the ones that are not members, a caption to tell you a bit about them. We have known most of these guys since they were in their 20s and 30s.

Big Al Presley and Bob Waltman. Both were consistent Mastercon attendees and we became good friends over the years. Waltman is a world class modeler.
Al_Presley_and_Bob_Wa3Bltman.jpg

Next is Big Al and Bill Roberts, another long time friend, Great modeler as well!
Al_Presley_and_Bill_Roberts.jpg

Bill Chilstrom and me. Bill is a world class figure sculptor. He was Dave harper's buddy and worked for VLS, (MA member Harper who passed in 2010), and has worked for many model companies including VLS. He sculpted many Warrior's, Custom Dioramics and Fanta-Z figures for VLS.
Bill_Chilstrom_and_bob.JPG

Here are some weird dudes I ran into! :) Moon Pup and Barney.
Bob2C_Barney_and_Bob.JPG

Pearce Browning, a former Mastercon member.
Bob_andPearce_Browning.JPG

Of course, Me and Big Al Presley.
Bob_and_Big_Al_Presley.JPG

This is Jef Verswyvel, possibly the best model pattern maker anywhere and a very good friend. Jef began making patterns for Verlinden in 1985, then immigrated to America and ran KMC models as well as Combat models. For years now, he has worked as a manager and head modeler at MMD/Squadron.
Bob_and_Jef.JPG

This is Tony Chin. He ran Marco Polo in Los Angeles for many years and worked for Freddie leung, who owns Dragon Models and others. Then started his own distributing company, Merit International!
Bob_Tony_Chin.JPG

This is Brett Avants, me and Pat Hutchens. Brett wrote a book on painting with acrylics that Letterman Publishing produced back in the 1990s. Brett is retired CIA!
Brett_Avants2C_bob_and_Hutchens.JPG

This is Chris Merseal who some of you may know from CRM Hobbies! Great guy!
Chris_Merseal_and_Bob.JPG

Then there is Del Miller. Del introduced me to Shep Paine way back in the 1970s. He is a reverend and was the Mastercon Chaplain for as long as it was in Missouri. Del's father was a St.Louis Police Commissioner.
Del_Miller_and_Bob.JPG

Frank Stumpo, armor modeler and a long time friend. Frank began his police career with the NYPD in Manhattan. Then, moved to Houston Texas P.D. and retired from there. He lives in my wife and my favorite vacation area, Kemah Texas on the Gulf Coast.
Frank_Stumpo.jpg

Many of you deal with this guy when you buy from Sprue Brothers. Gordon Kwan began his business using VLS' Legacy Distributing as a supplier. We did so for many years. He is a very talented businessman as well as a good friend!
Gordon_Kwan_and_Bob.JPG

A group shot of Brett Avants, Tom Lore, Susan, Bob Waltman, me, Bill Roberts and Pearce Browning. All former Mastercon people. Great modelers and great people!
Group_shot.jpg

Me, Frank Stumpo, Chris Merseal and Bill Chilstrom. We all go waaaaay back!
Group_shot_6.JPG

modelersalliance.org members all! Barney, Eric, Me and the moon Pup! Would you feel comfortable running into this group in a dark alley?
Group_shot_7.JPG

Roughly half of the Vendor's room! Don't get drool on your keyboard!
Half_the_vendor_room.jpg

Jose Rodriquez, me and Frank. Jose owns Tiger Models, Custom Dioramics and Legends & Lore, both originally VLS companies, that he bought from MMD/Squadron.
Jose2C_Frank_and_me.JPG

Duke Mad dog, Mark, our own in house braille scale modeler and me. Mark is almost as crazy as I am. If you don't believe it, look at what he displayed at the convention, more than 700 1/72nd models!
Mark_and_Bob.JPG

Duke_s_madness.JPG

All of the MA members dine and drink at Mill's Ale House! Jokes, Tall tales and what have you! Great time!
MA_Dinner.jpg

And a group shot of us at the convention.
Paul Schaefer, Susan, Barney, me, Bob Britt, Mark and Eric.
MA_Group_shot.jpg

Chris Mrosko. Began his model career at Marco Polo back in 1986 working in their resin department, then to Warrior's, then, after VLS bought Warriors, he came to Missouri and worked for VLS. Then he had several other figure companies and now works for Lots of Models. I've known Chris for 40 years!
Mrosko.jpg

Now, here's a story. Pat Hutchens pictured here was a Mastercon regular. In 1993 he brought his wife and their newborn baby son.
Me_and_Pat_Hutchins.jpg

Here is a photo of Susan back then holding his son!
Pat_s_son_and_Susan.jpg

And here is a current photo of Pat and that little Baby. He is now a college Grad and an officer in the military! He's changed a bit since 1993!
Pat_Hutchens_and_son_.jpg

Here's Mrosko, Me and Bill Chilstrom, we all worked at VLS back in the day!
Mrosko2C_Bob_and_Bill.JPG

The convention hall where the IPMS Nationals were held in Chattanooga this year!
One_of_the_hallways.jpg

And that, Boys and girls, is all there is!

The picture you emailed of the AK guys, pretty sure one of them was Rick Lawler who has old history with this site.

Here's my take from the show. I did not see Dr Mike, I would have restocked if I had.

h55eedbb.jpg

Miniart Lee tank and a look inside. I'll try to do an inbox later.

ha73d34f.jpg

h70be62a.jpg

ha66dec9.jpg

ha45c2c4.jpg

h80460e7.jpg

Big thank you to Barney the Finemolds 109, hope I do it justice. :mpup

Way to go Paul, well deserved. Having your detail report on how you built it probably helped judging I would think.

Actually Bob, I think it probably did. There were lots of little things that just won't stand out as special. The photos show the details. I kept them to as few as needed to do the job and I know that some folks really liked looking in.
For judging it probably took less time to look through the photos and then a quick look at details "Just to make sure" and move on. My guess is it made the judges job easier. Saw this done with a couple of builds at Wonderfest last year, and tried it at Knoxville. Noticed several folks (and the judges) looking through the photos.

At Days end, after all the credit cards have gone up in smoke, the raffle tickets are in the trash and the camera batteries are flat, Is our hobby not, at the bottom line, about our People?
Thanks for posting the People, Dad. HARRUMPH!
Almost everyone knows Gordon Kwan.
There aren't emojis for "Humbled" or "Grateful"

OUTSTANDING guys!

Good to see everyone. Thanks for sharing for those who could not make it.

(y)

Actually Bob, I think it probably did. There were lots of little things that just won't stand out as special. The photos show the details. I kept them to as few as needed to do the job and I know that some folks really liked looking in.
For judging it probably took less time to look through the photos and then a quick look at details "Just to make sure" and move on. My guess is it made the judges job easier. Saw this done with a couple of builds at Wonderfest last year, and tried it at Knoxville. Noticed several folks (and the judges) looking through the photos.

Funny Paul,

Back in the 1970s and early 1980s, we always put detailed photos and text in a small presentation when entering competition. I haven't seen anybody do that in years! It definitely helps. The judges, even if knowledgeable, can't recognize all the work you did simply by looking at the finished model!

Oh, and congratulations! You deserved it!

Bob

At Days end, after all the credit cards have gone up in smoke, the raffle tickets are in the trash and the camera batteries are flat, Is our hobby not, at the bottom line, about our People?
Thanks for posting the People, Dad. HARRUMPH!
Almost everyone knows Gordon Kwan.
There aren't emojis for "Humbled" or "Grateful"

We do have one. :notworthy :notworthy

The picture you emailed of the AK guys, pretty sure one of them was Rick Lawler who has old history with this site.

Yeah, I'm sure you are right! Susan found a caption on the Internet with a similar photo that identified him! I remember Rick well from when he was a member of Tanks n Things AKA modelersalliance.org! He was an excellent modeler!

Very nice!...thank all of you that posted these great photos and comments! :good:

Luiz.

Funny Paul,

Back in the 1970s and early 1980s, we always put detailed photos and text in a small presentation when entering competition. I haven't seen anybody do that in years! It definitely helps. The judges, even if knowledgeable, can't recognize all the work you did simply by looking at the finished model!

Oh, and congratulations! You deserved it!

Bob

Thanks Bob! In some ways it is still a surprise. There was a time when I would never have thought about entering anther model show let alone an IPMS Nationals. All I can say is that the folks on this forum have given much inspiration, and shown so many little ways on how to upgrade and improve my skills. If not for MA it would not have happened.

Here is a first batch of photos. The new camera did an excellent job. The only mess ups were me not knowing how to frame the photos around the subjects. Otherwise the clarity is supurb and the focus is way and above the older devices I have been using.

NN-001.jpg

NN-002.jpg

NN-003.jpg

NN-004.jpg

NN-005.jpg

NN-006.jpg

NN-007.jpg

NN-008.jpg

NN-009.jpg

NN-010.jpg

NN-011.jpg

NN-012.jpg