• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All photos from Chattanooga posted.

Chattanooga starts in A WEEK who's going?

Got the new Squadron catalog today...in the intro, CEO Gwynne mentions just returning from IPMS Nationals is Chattanooga....ummmm has it even started yet? ;)

Got the new Squadron catalog today...in the intro, CEO Gwynne mentions just returning from IPMS Nationals is Chattanooga....ummmm has it even started yet? ;)

Hope we got the right dates..still be a nice meet up for everyone. :rotf

Ah yes, I remember well;. Sometimes when you do monthly newsletters, you have to project your company into the future as it takes so long to process and print, then mail out all those newsletters, not to mention how long it takes the Postal service to get them to the recipients.

We'll see you all there on August 8th!

Bob

I Was just reading on the website that vendors can setup on Tues. Guess that's what he's talking about.

uh...nevermind...no :java yet. :facepalm

Scoping out restaurants. :dude

I Was just reading on the website that vendors can setup on Tues. Guess that's what he's talking about.

There is a Cheddar's not far from the hotel! Usually, when there is one, there are several others!

There is a Cheddar's not far from the hotel! Usually, when there is one, there are several others!

Never been to a Chedders, looks like there's a lot up that Gunbarrel Road, we'll narrow it down. :woohoo:

Never been to a Chedders, looks like there's a lot up that Gunbarrel Road, we'll narrow it down. :woohoo:

Absolutely! Cheddars is on Gun Barrel There is no shortage of restaurants in East Ridge. Check these out.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g55022-East_Ridge_Tennessee.html

We first ate at a Cheddar's when we visited you in 2014. It was in Savannah. The best baby back ribs of any family restaurant chain anywhere. They have yet to come to St. Louis, but we have one in Springfield. Absolutely love those ribs!

Absolutely! Cheddars is on Gun Barrel There is no shortage of restaurants in East Ridge. Check these out.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g55022-East_Ridge_Tennessee.html

We first ate at a Cheddar's when we visited you in 2014. It was in Savannah. The best baby back ribs of any family restaurant chain anywhere. They have yet to come to St. Louis, but we have one in Springfield. Absolutely love those ribs!

Chedders it is then. :drinks

Chattanooga starts in 5 DAYS who's going?

:yipee

I will be there Friday afternoon! The Boss said, There is no sense in traveling that far for you only to be there for a couple of hours!!!!!!

Contact me @ bdino@mac.com if you want to connect Friday PM - Saturday PM.

Models! Paint! Glue!!! toys for boys!

:frantic :frantic :frantic

Chattanooga starts TODAY!

Got packed last night, work today and will hit the sack right after getting home.

Hit the road about 2-3AM and see ya-all there tomorrow!

Hopefully I won't be looking like this:

hae611d4.jpg

Got packed last night, work today and will hit the sack right after getting home.

Hit the road about 2-3AM and see ya-all there tomorrow!

Hopefully I won't be looking like this:

hae611d4.jpg

Paul, We should get there around 3 or 4 tomorrow!

Bob and Susan

Ain't NO Runza in Chattanooga.
Bravo to all of you that go. Spend the $$! Once a year, go PLAY with all the other Modelers. Learn something! Buy something! Eat something, laugh about something! Be AMAZED by something!! Meet the guys that make the kits we love/hate.

Drop by the Trumpeter booth an chew the Chi-Coms out in a language they won't understand!!!

Teresa was stoked about going, but we lack the vacation time to do so and I owe monster DR. bills. She would have smooth cleaned the raffle out!
PLEASE find me a 1/72 JoHan P-40B/C kit, and post pictures! PLEASES!! :popcorn :good: :yipee

PLEASE find me a 1/72 JoHan P-40B/C kit, and post pictures! PLEASES!! :popcorn :good: :yipee

I have heard of this elusive holy grail of yours. If we made up a box and stuffed it with an airfix, would that be ok?

Chris, I remember building a couple of those JoHan kits in my yute. :blink Didn't think much of them then, so why the search for it? :S

I will look around for it tomorrow, could have looked today but didn't know. One of my Memphis friends caught my arm today and I ran across a nice Me109 conversion to the Hispano HA-1112M1L with the Rolls Royce engine (1/32 of course). Then he located his grail, a 1/48 N9M flying wing kit for $20.

First place I hit today was the WingNut Wings booth. Both the Lancaster AND Handly Page kits are GINORMOUS! The Lancaster kits are going to be SOOOOOO nice! I really like the "tin canning" and surface detail they have done on the Lancaster! The prototype display pieces they have here have no "glass" but have a full frame under the greenhouse. The detail on the interior sprues are about the best I have seen! Plenty of pics with the new camera so there will be a lot to post when I get home.

They had a number of kits at the booth for sale (cash only) and prices were discounted about 20% or a little more. Woot! Got the new Gotha G.I and an Albatros B.II for nice prices.

HK has a booth here as well. A surprise new kit is due in maybe tomorrow? They are re-releasing the glass nose B-25J with new nose markings as well.

Revell as you know is releasing 1/32 Me110 kits. These are the Dragon kits not the old ancient 110 kits from antiquity. Picked up the Zoukei-Mura Do-335 A-12 double seater with goodies. Was a hard choice between it and the A-0. Tried to obtain the new Ki-45 Toryu but it was sold out. They also have their new F4's that seem to be selling well. In addition their Ho229 now comes in 1/32, 1/48, 1/72, and 1/144. The smaller scales don't have all the internal goodies. They also have assembled test shots of the new 1/32 Henshel Hs-129. It is going to be another very nice kit. :good:

In running around today I noticed Vallejo had their booth showing and doing demos. At one point I saw a shiny aluminum finish on an aircraft fuselage.

Back to WingNut Wings, Focker Dr.1. Test shots look very nice and delicate. It is a smaller plane than the D.7 and other planes. So that is what the extra Dr.1 decals in the Richtofen kit are "really" for. Sorry Bob, you can't have one yet. :smack

That is about all I can remember from today, it was a bit of zoom around and kept zooming. Took some pics with the new cam and it seems to be doing quite nicely. Tomorrow is photos, seminars, and asking questions. I will post again tomorrow night. Can't do photos from the new cam (huge files and Tablet can't handle them) until I get home.

Tomorrow should be interesting.

Well still keep a look out for the Roden kit. I know as soon as I build that one WnW will release their Dr.1.

New reports from Chattanooga will be posted here!

Let me look for my roden kit and I'll send it to you Bob.

New reports from Chattanooga will be posted here!

Let me look for my roden kit and I'll send it to you Bob.

James, you'll spend as much shipping as it cost. Then you'd have to replace it. Thanks but don't put yourself through the trouble. :mpup

Back