• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All photos from Chattanooga posted.

New reports from Chattanooga will be posted here!

Here is the Friday report.

Looks like there will be no info on the HK kit, I didn't win anything from their drawing so I will have to wait along with everyone else. Didn't win at the Zoukei-Mura drawing either, but it was kind of fun listening to the "Old Man" tell his stories. He is very animated and very much a class act guy. He has a little gal by the name of Anne who's last name is harder to pronounce than most Japanese words (polish), who is his translator.

Things in the works for the future with ZM are an Arado-234 and an Ohka bomb. He said the Ohka is a special item and will probably be available in 18-24 months.

I talked with Victor and Marten from Eduard, saw some of the new Look instrument panels (VERY NICE!) and found out why the !/32 scale Bf-109 E-1 and E-3 overtree sets have been on hold. Apparently the molds are old and are an old technology Copper plate over resin. Occasionally a bubble in the resin breaks down and the copper surfacing perforates. I have several of the 1/32 109 kits and one in particular had 5 markings all of which I liked a lot. I had wanted to oder the overtree sets as they were considerably less expensive. $25 on Eduard site. Discovered they had brought a case of each the E1 and E3 and I was able to obtain what I wanted for $20 each. Woohoo!!!!

:yipee :yipee Production should be back up in a week or 2. :good:

Barney showed up this afternoon and we got with Mark (Duke Maddog) Bob L had retired to the hotel by that time so we made rounds of the contest room. There were more built models than I have ever seen before. I don't know the full count but I do know they split my category (there were allowances built in) to 1/48th biplanes and 1/32 biplanes.

That is about all I can think of at the moment. My feet are quite sore from all the walking today and are up now.

More tomorrow!

I'm packing light to load up the truck for the return. Eric and I should be there at 0800. (y)

Chattanooga starts TODAY!

Ain't NO Runza in Chattanooga.
Bravo to all of you that go. Spend the $$! Once a year, go PLAY with all the other Modelers. Learn something! Buy something! Eat something, laugh about something! Be AMAZED by something!! Meet the guys that make the kits we love/hate.

Drop by the Trumpeter booth an chew the Chi-Coms out in a language they won't understand!!!

Teresa was stoked about going, but we lack the vacation time to do so and I owe monster DR. bills. She would have smooth cleaned the raffle out!
PLEASE find me a 1/72 JoHan P-40B/C kit, and post pictures! PLEASES!! :popcorn :good: :yipee

This just in...FLASH.

Guy at Rare Plane Detective stated this kit does not exist, he almost talked as if he knew you Chris. :coolio

Question for the masses. Will this deter the never ending search? :idonno

Having a great time up here. Recharging back here at the hotel then we're heading for an early supper with the crew.

Just got in from the awards ceremony.

After a morning of just hanging around with my fellow MA members and visiting with them, we went separate ways for a bit and met at a steak and ale place for an early dinner. (We have pictures for later)

Mark (Duke Maddog) and I returned to the convention as we had entered some builds.

AlasMark didn't place with any of his kits, but he did get the opportunity to accept a special award for a fellow member in his club back in California. So he had his photo taken and everything.

I just sat and watched as I had never been to an IPMS Nationals before. There were over 1600 (yes 16 hundred) models brought for display only Maddog brought 750 of those. He got a lot of satisfaction watching people go look at his 1/72 Dora and then look around and realiz the there were all these other models that were part of the same display!

Way to go Mark! (y) (y) :D

As for contest entries there were over Three THOUSAND entries! There were so many models that it was quite hard to really see them all. There were so many that they blurred together for me.

They went through all the junior categories first of course then did aircraft. I bagan to wonder just how many categories there were. Armor, figures, cars, space, dioramas and many, many more came as read out the winners with photos of the winning build showing on the screens.

My class 103A came early and they split off the 1/32 scale from the 1/48th. It was a planned possible I guess depending on the number of entries. I had thought that maybe I might have a chance at 3rd, but then they called a different winner for 3rd and another for 2nd, then a pleasant surprise...

hb1fc643.jpg

I got the gold coin.

Everyone, I probably would never have built it or entered another contest if not for all my friends on here and the positive attitude that everyone has and spreads on this forum. My Thanks to all of you! :notworthy

Congratulations and Well Done, "Mr. Entertainment"!! Even though that other Paul spells his last name incorrectly!
I can't tell you how pleased I am with your Overview. I look forward to the pictures!

Come Sancho, bring my Lance! The Quest continues..........................

Way to go Paul, well deserved. Having your detail report on how you built it probably helped judging I would think.

My report starts at 0400 when I picked up Eric for the Chattanooga run. It was oh so dark, no moon other than in the driver seat. Short pit stop at the just opened Micky D for Mocha and sausage biscuit got us fueled up, I was pointing out some of the roadside attractions along Hwy72 but...it was still dark. I missed the left turn in Athens, didn't have navigator turned on but you'd think I know the way to Atlanta. This side track added about 10 minutes but besides that we made great time to Chattanooga. So well we had to wait for the doors to open.

Got in the vendor hall and started scoping out all the folks around. Quickly meet up with Barney after all these years, really nice talking to him. Found out that we were at Grand Forks at the same time, you can't get away with nutthin'...

First spotted the Roden Dr1 on the Squadron table but I didn't snatch it just yet, wanted to check the other offerings before commitment. About that time we made contact with Paul and I reengaged pillage mode. Picked up some odds and ends that I may or may not really need, Uschi wood grain detail, some Yellow Wings decals for a Wake Island Wildcat. I discussed with them the various Brewster Buffalo issues I've had, might have to revisit that one.

I called Mark to check on his whereabouts, he said he was in a 1:72 scale meeting, first thought was a bunch of guys sitting around really little tables and chairs having a little meeting... :rotf I slipped back around to the Squadron table and acquired the Roden Dr1. :coolio

Scoped out the Wingnut Wing table and the new Dr1 does look great, I know as soon as I finish the Roden, the WnW will be released. How many times has it happened.

Took a short break with the guys, that's when I ran into Mark The Duke and Graham from Ontario IPMS eh...Had a fun conversation about the perils of messing with gate and boarder guards and various techniques of smuggling goods into Canada. (in theory of course)

I got into the model room at that point and saw "the collection."

he414f32.jpg

Found this interesting at the Tamiya table. I know some of y'all will really like this.
h1e76865.jpg

h5f9fc82.jpg

h322a922.jpg

Sorry, didn't get any release details.

Eric reconned one that had slipped my mind, replacement for Lullubelle

h33e77ee.jpg

:soldier

On the way home we discussed if we've seen anyone build this yet, I know I'm not the first kid on the block to have it, I'll try to put together a quick In Box later this week.

I didn't get around to seeing all 4500+- models on show but I took some snaps of things that caught my eye. No particular order.

h5648a51.jpg

h88f38ed.jpg

h65c5204.jpg

h316ea3e.jpg

hd05de04.jpg

h232eb0d.jpg

ha9e69e6.jpg

Here's the group shot I was able to get with the help of Graham of Canada eh...

h5d3bb98.jpg

Eric and I missed breakfast with the Lettermans, should have done a bit more planning on that one. We headed down the mountains about 0800 and got back in to Greenwood about 1. I've been nappin' ever since... :rotf

Great to see everyone, looking forward to the next trip and getting back on the bench being newly recharged.

Maddog is going to have to start using a Uhaul coming and going from the IMPS Nats :salute

Congrates Paul.
Sorry I missed all the fun.
I need to completely retire, so I can attend the show consistently.
Glad everyone had a wonderful time.
Frank
(y)

Maddog is going to have to start using a Uhaul coming and going from the IMPS Nats :salute
He rented a van and drove from CA. Mark definitely has a large collection. He is also quite knowledgeable about every piece in it. He is also a quite boisterous person and was a lot of fun to be around.

Here is Mark (Maddog) and Barney talking next to "The Collection"

h8aed9f4.jpg

Here are myself, Mark, and Barney in the dealers room on Friday.

he3c3ba4.jpg

Bob (Moon Pup) and I got our photo taken with Mr. Shigeta (Mr Zoukei-Mura) and his little translater Saturday.

h7e7a393.jpg

We were managing to run into each other all through the event but never all at once it seems until we had dinner Saturday evening. From left to right, Heavens Eagle, Duke Maddog, Bob Letterman, Susan Letterman, Barney, Errains, Moon Puppy. Dinner was excellent and I believe everyone had a great time with many stories being told and shared.

hc6bc23a.jpg

. Wingnut Wings

I spent some time at Wingnut Wings. Visited a fair bit with Jason on Saturday about the Handley Page and some about the Lancaster. Handley Page looks to be out end of the year. Lancaster still kind of in process but getting very close. He talked about doing the canning and stress skin on the Lancaster and how the more they did the slower the process became due to the amount of data in the computer. They finally had to do a major upgrade on the computers in order to continue. There were also a number of 20% off deals on their tables. They didn't have to take very much back with them.

00-01.jpg

00-02.jpg

01-01_sold_american.jpg

Yes you are reading right, the G.1 for $160 and I got an Albatros B.II for I think $90, as I got both for $250 which was a bargain. (y)

01-02.jpg

01-03.jpg

01-04.jpg

01-05.jpg

01-06.jpg

01-07.jpg

01-08.jpg

01-09.jpg

01-10.jpg

01-11.jpg

01-12.jpg

01-13.jpg

01-14.jpg

01-15.jpg

01-16.jpg

01-17.jpg

01-18.jpg

01-19.jpg

01-20.jpg

01-21.jpg

hc062af6.jpg

. Zoukei-Mura

I actually didn't take many photos at ZM. They have their new "Nick" kit out and it was sold out the first day. Reasonably sized and nicely detailed. There were the test builds on the Henschel Hs-129 on display. One that was mostly assembled with everything and the other which was just interior parts and one side of the fuselage. Here is the interesting thing, you go up to look at the display and Mr. Shigeta picks up the delicate one and "puts it in your hands to look"!

hadf4930.jpg

Yeah, hands you this: Like, "How the F*** are you supposed to hold it!" "Aaaah!"

hea22c68.jpg

There was the 1/48 Ho229

h3b168a5.jpg

And the 1/72 and 1/144 Ho229

h745bc91.jpg

Unfortunately, I neglected to take any other photos there as I was just rubber necking like crazy.

He was generous with gum also. :rotf

I might try my hand with one of those Hortens.

Ok now I am going to have to work on the rest of the photos. They are all 24 megapixel from my new cam and won't attach (WAY TOO BIG) So give me a little time to go through, weed out and make them a manageable size.

Wish I could have been sure to get the winners, I was doing good to get pictures. There were so many models that it just started to blur and I started just pointing a clicking, and then ran out of time to even do that.

Some quick stats:

There were over 1600 models entered for "Display Only" Yeah Maddog had 750 of that but then there were still another 850 plus, many that I never got around to looking at.

There were over 3000 (yup 3 THOUSAND) entries. I became kind of numb 1/3 of the way through.

I shot 313 photos of the contest room. Some are a single build, some cover 2 or more, some are of several tables in a row. :blink It looks like most turned out quite nice, so I now need to resize for posting and that is going to take a couple of days.

I hope the organizers got photos of all the entries. I'd love to see them.

They did get photos of all the winners as they were showing them up on 2 screens as they "very quickly" read them off.

Here are my pics for the Nats. Ran out of time so did git nearly all that I wanted. :facepalm

Part:1
ha5a6c45.jpg

h0445a68.jpg

h4f3af52.jpg

hfa584bb.jpg

My Personal Fav from the Show

h32b421c.jpg

h7ef6d4f.jpg

h93314f9.jpg

ha167492.jpg

This one is for the DAK with Doc crew!!

h9086370.jpg