• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Catalina for my Dad

Klear, ahhh, well you know I've tried spraying it three times in my modelling life and never once have I got it to work. Brush painting just works for me.
Thanks for the comments, bud.

Ian[/color]

Have you tried thinning with Windex?

Klear, ahhh, well you know I've tried spraying it three times in my modelling life and never once have I got it to work. Brush painting just works for me.
Thanks for the comments, bud.

Ian[/color]

Have you tried thinning with Windex?

I shoot mine straight with no thinning. I found when I do that, it lays down perfectly; especially when I do two or three thin coats. Anytime someone says they thin it, it never works out.

Also, I use Windex to clean the airbrush from Future/Klear as it cuts it and breaks it down. I wouldn't thin with it.

Stickers on :dance

hb0dec17.jpg

h4aee69d.jpg

hc420442.jpg

h88d66d6.jpg

Starting to come-together, eh ?? - still cannot get my head around how much 'acreage' it takes-up :frantic

More soon.

Ian

I'll just say this birdie looks great. Never been good at building planes myself and that's one more reason for me to really enjoy watching a great model coming to life.

Way to go .... Paul ....errrmmm... Ian.... NZ neighbour :rotf

:D

Laurence

She look gorgeous Paul. Cant wait to see her all finished.

James

Wait, what ??, did I change my name.... d*mnit, why didn't anybody tell me :frantic

Ian

Whats wrong, Ian? Oh I see, well, don't fret because Bob used to call me Phil for a long time. That's one sharp cat though.

What are you talking about James, I've always called you Phil, right Paul? :silly:

On finals now....

hb754b72.jpg

h2e63e83.jpg

h07cf256.jpg

h4e07ed9.jpg

hece1045.jpg

h8f0720a.jpg

Props, floats, beaching gear etc, etc all painted and waiting. This afternoon I took a deep breath and sprayed the de-icing boots, and they seem to have come-out OK, not sure about the corrosion along the waterline, it is a lot less 'prominent' than it appears on the photos, but I'll take any suggestions and comments from folks here.

Final assembly will wait until the extensive comms wiring is done, but that in-turn will have to wait until I glue the wings on with copious amounts of KM Weld... it's going to be a solid joint as all the stress will be centred there.

As ever all comments, q's and crits are very welcome. Thanks for taking the time to look and Happy New Year all.

Ian.

I like it a lot Ian but I have to question the rust .

Do you have a color picture of this ? I would prefer to think more dried salt and other scum since aluminum does not rust .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back