• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Your Best Build

Screenshot_20220410-195945.png

Mine would be the abandoned Sturmtiger.

Impressive work Tim! Very masterful!

I'd have to say now that my newest 'Best Build' is this ACE 1/72 scale Israeli Nagmashon APC. built some two years ago:

That is photo-etch cage armor all around it:

Israeli Nagmachon Heavy APC IV.jpg

Israeli Nagmachon Heavy APC V.jpg

Israeli Nagmachon Heavy APC VI.jpg

I am very pleased at the impact effect I added to cover up a black stain that nothing would remove and paint wouldn't cover::

Israeli Nagmachon Heavy APC VII.jpg

Here is one of the main reasons this is my current 'Best Build': The first time I ever got a First Place at Southern California's premier model contest:

Orangecon2021 First Place.jpg

I don't know that I'll ever be able to top that, but I certainly won't stop trying!

Impressive work Tim! Very masterful!

I'd have to say now that my newest 'Best Build' is this ACE 1/72 scale Israeli Nagmashon APC. built some two years ago:

That is photo-etch cage armor all around it:

View attachment 149091

View attachment 149092

View attachment 149093

I am very pleased at the impact effect I added to cover up a black stain that nothing would remove and paint wouldn't cover::

View attachment 149094

Here is one of the main reasons this is my current 'Best Build': The first time I ever got a First Place at Southern California's premier model contest:

View attachment 149095

I don't know that I'll ever be able to top that, but I certainly won't stop trying!
Thanks Duke. That photo etch is insane! Very nice. I'm not sure I could muster up the confidence to take it on!

Nice job Mark. :Drinks:

I need to get some presentable pics of the Danish RF-35 Draken. I think that one currently holds the crown for my best so far...at least until I get the F-4EJ finished up.

IMG_E2670.JPGIMG_E2672.JPGIMG_E2673.JPGIMG_E2668.JPGIMG_E2834.JPGIMG_E3457.JPG
I don't know about my "Best" build. Like other guys, I hope it is my next one. The model that was the most fun to build and got the biggest laughs and consistent awards was the "Samurai Bathtub". The old pictures don't show the Banzai Rubber Duckie. He was posed by the herbal soap cake. TLAR Models Egg Doffin Family complimented Fujimi's Chibi-Maru Akagi. Fujimi's wood deck and PEE set were used as well.
I enjoyed the shit out of building the Samurai Baso Tubo! My dilemma lay in choosing the Stopping place. Aircraft piled on the fantail corner? A chain of sailors extracting one of their mates from the angry sea? Crewmen posed barfing over the leeward side of the EGG-Kagi? So much more could have been done. I stopped here.
Thanks again for looking in!

Hi duke
that really is a gem with that PE in 1/72, as i get older i seem to go up in scale :)
well deserved 1st prize, your work over the last few years is proof that practice makes perfect .

Thank you Paddy! So far I've been lucky and have not needed to go up in scale, I'm actually hoping and praying that I never will feel the need. I must admit; I've gotten considerable practice over the past few years.

Back