• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Yo from Brazil...

BigDog

Hi Boyz'n Gals,

My name is Fernao and I live in Foz do Iguassu (actually, Iguaçu) in Southern Brazil. I'm not exactly new to the trade, but I've never been an accomplished modeller as most of you are - there's some mighty cool stuff here at TnT!
emoticon_meuidolo.gif
I'm trying to get back to the hobby and decided to go the militaria way: I just love tanks!

While on the net trying to dig some info on the various Tiger models, I bumped into you guys: seems like a very knowlegeable community, with a plus for being friendly and generous with your knowledge... just the place I was looking for!

As I said at the beginning, I'm here to learn and maybe, just maybe, contribute with a little something that I've learned while building model kits in the past.

Just one thing: I've noticed that there is no mention of the origin (city, country, etc.) of the poster on the posts - is that not recommended?
emoticon_confused.gif

Cheers and... I'm happy to be here! B)
Fernao
PS: please excuse my English shortcomings...

Welcome Big Dog !!!

I hope you have a great time here in TnT Land :)

Of course you can put where your origins are from

Im a English Londoner living in Chicago, hows that :)

Andy

Hello Guys,

Thanx for the welcome: feels good just to be here and read about your great builds! There's soooo much to see and read...

But first things first: I'm havin' kind of a hard time getting a pic, actually a .gif, on my Board signature... how must I proceed? I've tried more than a coupla ways, but to no avail. Is there a minimum number of posts to be able to include a pic on your signature?
emoticon_noidea.gif

Jeezus, this is truly a globalized Board: three replies to my post, all from different continents! :eek:hmy:

Cheers and be well!
Fernao

Welcome aboard Fernao!

If you wouldn't have mentioned it, I would have assumed English was your first language!

Great bunch of people here!

Bob

Dear Fernao.

...welcome to our comunity...a very nice place...anxious to see your works!

Luiz from the sunny Rio de Janeiro...but now living and working at the Frozen Antartic Continent...until November...I hope so!...a strong huge!

P.S. by the way,did you see my PzIV...(it´s being showed in...TANKS - A Pz IV BEING DONE AT SOUTH POLE...)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prezado Fernâo.

...benvindo à nossa comunidade...um lugar bastante agradável...ansioso para ver seus trabalhos!

Luiz do ensolarado Rio de Janeiro...porém,agora,morando e trabalhando no Gelado Continente Antártico...até Novembro...assim espero!...um forte abraço!

P.S. A propósito,você já viu a montagem do meu PzIV (...sendo mostrado na seção TANQUES - UM Pz IV SENDO MONTADO NO PÓLO SUL)

Hi Luiz,

Take a look at the post I left you at the Pz. IV Topic...
Emoticon_piscando.gif

That is one terrific build: I'm learning a lot with it! (y)

Cheers! :Hiay
Fernão

Welcome to the best site around. Lots of good stuff here and excellent friends. I know you'll enjoy.
James

G'day Fernao :) ,

Well I am glad you like the site :) , I am looking forward to seeing your work , no one will be nasty here , we have lots of helpful advice and encouragement , it is a hobby , no matter what your skill set , if you enjoy it , then you will always have a home here :) .

Hmmmmm perhaps you can mention the where you are from bit to Moon Pup our IT whiz kid (poindexter) and he may be able to look into it . I am from Australia anyway ! :)

Jenny :kiss:

Well thank you all again for a warm welcome! So now we have four continents present at my welcome party... perhaps someone from Japan or whereabouts could drop in, just so we could have all five of them... ;)

Taking into account that all of my previous modelling objects were cars, you guys'll have to wait a bit to see some of my work: my first order, with two German tanks on it, is presently leaving Miami/USA and will very probably arrive here in Brazil in no less than two weeks - that's when I'll start ruining one of them online... :blush:

Bob: in the long run you'll probably see what I mean about the language barrier...

James: you look like you'd be capable of carving a 1:1 tank out of a solid block of reinforced steel with your bare hands... given the right tools, of course!
emoticon_nod.gif

Jenny: other than the fact that I already knew you were from Australia (you're on the net, you know...), the "G'day" would've given you away - Aussie or Kiwi... I'll take the IT issue up with Moon Puppy, thanx.

Cheers'n nice to be here, folks!
emoticon_yo.gif

Fernao

IS this want you were wanting? I think you were trying HTML code, should only use BBCode on forum signatures and postings.

Hi Fernao!

Welcome at T&T from Holland!!

Looking forward to see some of your work! It doesn't have to be tanks, cars are great to! That's what the "things" in tanks and things stands for :)

Have fun on the site, glad you joined us!!

Erik

Hi moon pup!

As I told you, I guess I had my "duhhhh" moment of the year...
Emoticon_drooldead.gif
I promise to avoid those from now on...
emoticon_duh2.gif

Thanks for the words, Dragunov! I was just now looking at your StuG III and what a cool build it is: congrats!
Emoticon_okay.gif

Cheers!
Fernao

Hi Fernao

Welcome to TnT from Ant in England. Now you mention it I seem to remember on the old site we did have some mention of where we were in the world, yep I used to like that too. Any way of doing that Bob?

Best wishes

Ant

The old site is still up for reading, not sure if I remember that thread, we can always start a new one here.

Welcome to the best site around . I am sure you will find yourself at home here lots of great people and lots of good times.

Gawd... this is the third time I'm writing this post; lost both the other ones to the Forum gremlins!!! :angry: So here we go again...

Hi Ant and Modelguru,

I am kinda feeling myself at home here, what with the warm welcome I'm getting! :blush: I've been lookin' around the place a bit (a lot, really) and I must confess to being impressed not only with all the knowledge I found, but also by the generous and friendly atitude of the members! It really feels good to be here!
emoticon_cheers.gif

Yo Moon,

I'm guessing that Ant wasn't referring to a specific thread on the old site, but perhaps to something like what's on the image below...

location_rszd.jpg

... but then again, I could be wrong...
emoticon_noidea.gif

Cheers! :)
Fernao

BINGO.....Thats exactly what it was, thanks Fernao. In fact if would be easy to add our countries flag to our signiture as you have done I suppose if we wanted to.

Ant

Back