• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Yesterday, we lost a legend in acting and voiceovers...

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
MVC-027F.JPG

Glad you had the opportunity to meet him Saúl.
I worked with him when I was director of technology for the Verizon Education & Technology Center in Harlem, NY. Several commercials and a guest reader (lights were out and he entered the room saying "I am your father" which caused parents to applaud. Children called out Mufasa (from the Lion King). The screens then showed pages from the Lion King book each child was given prior to entering the AV room and James read it as the lights slowly turned on). The photo was taken in my office and he was pleased with the plate of cookies he requested. Later on, I found out he was diabetic.
You know his father had the same commanding voice. He was Luther in "The Sting".
Similar but James' voice is deeper:

Last edited:
1976. Leon Carter
1976. Nick DeBrette with the old Ark Royal.
1988 King Jaffe Joffer.
These are a few of my obscure favorites.
See you on the Other Side, James. Thanks for all the fun!

You know this movie caused some stir in USAF because the panels were pretty close to being accurate. The layout was spot on.
They kinda overstate the Safe process, it was only two stations that engaged the safeties. Pilot and Bombardier. The bombbay doors did not have explosive bolts but we, bomb loaders watching this movie in the wee hours during blizzards, always theorized that if they released the bomb with the doors closed it would punch right though the doors anyway.
Slim Pickens was picked to be Maj Kong after Peter Sellers broke his leg filming, that's why Dr Strangelove was in a wheel chair.
I can not imagine Peter Sellers riding the bomb down bronco style better than Slim Pickens, star of stage screen and rodeo.

Thank you for indulging

Last edited:
Back