• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WSS MG Ammo Carrier

Skinny_Mike

Hey guys. I thought I would give a figure a try. Here is my entry…

Post_1_1~1.jpg

And the requisite start photo…

Post_1_2~1.jpg

I picked this figure because of the reversible winter jacket and pants. Also, by all accounts Alpine makes really good figures. Here are all the parts.

Post_1_3~0.jpg

And lastly everyone gets a bath!

Post_1_4~0.jpg

So I have tried to do a figure like this in the past. It was a Tamiya figure and I ran out of steam on the pants. I wanted to pull that one down for the Shelf Queen 2 campaign, but I found out I was missing some parts, :bang head so he’s in the trash. I am going to try again. Plan is to paint him up in the reversible autumn oak leaf pattern jacket and pants (Jacket will be camo side out and the pants will be white side out). I have very little experience with figures and the ones I have done have been less than satisfactory. I appreciate any advice and coaching that I can get along the way.

Well here we go, hope to have some progress on this guy soon!
Mike

Mike we have all sorts of tutorials in our Masters section As well as Fettes Figures Forum. Check out our pal Luiz Barroso's section of the Masters, he really brings his figures to life.

If you have anything specific to ask fire away.

Thanks Moon! I'll be sure to check those out. I have found a whole lot of step by step tutorials online, which is great (Some are better then others). Just going to try to mimic what I see and hope it turns out ok. I'll be sure to ask advice along the way.

Hope to start assembling this evening.

Mike

BTW - is there no ribbon for this campaign? I only model for campaign ribbons now! :laugh: :tomato

BTW - is there no ribbon for this campaign? I only model for campaign ribbons now! :laugh: :tomato

Here is your answer Mike: https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/campaign-hq/149720-modelers-alliance-campaign-schedule-2015?start=36#210525

Cool looking figure for sure!I'm tempted to do one of the SS camo paterns on the zeltbahn for my grenadier figure myself!

Gr,Ron.

Dear Mike.

Sorry,, I was missing this one...excelent figure!...I will follow with attention...

...Thanks Bob for the nice words...

Best!

Luiz

Hi guys. I’m back with a little progress on this dude. Not much, but a little bit…

Once all the parts were cleaned, I assembled the bulk of the figure, chest and torso to the legs and the arms. The rest of the parts will be painted separately and assembled after they are completed.

Post_2_1~2.jpg

I noticed that there was a bit of a gap between the right arm and the shoulder, but I quickly fixed that with a little bit of squadron white putty and some cotton swabs soaked in alcohol.

Post_2_2~1.jpg

Post_2_3~1.jpg

Once that was cleaned up, I gave him a coat of Tamiya primer straight from the rattle bomb. Apparently I forgot to take pictures of the finished seam or just the primer, but you get the idea. Next step was to start painting. I am trying to go slow and take my time and doing a lot of research along the way. I am going to go from light to dark colors so the natural place to start was the white. This figure is in the reversible winter pants and jacket, so I started with the pants, white side out, and I also painted the inside of the hood and the insides of the sleeves. I am using Vallejo Model Color exclusively for this build and I used 820, Off White, as the base color for the white.

Post_2_4~0.jpg

I forgot just how much I hated brush painting white. It took 4 coats to get to the point that I am ready to move on! I miss my airbrush. :( But in the end I am happy with the result. The next step will be to add in the shadows and then hit the highlights.

I need to apologize for the picture quality; I am using my cell phone for photos right now, so hopefully the details are coming through.

Thanks for looking everyone, and I know there isn’t a lot to talk about just yet, but please let me know what you think, I am really looking for helping on making this figure look good, and trying to learn in the process!

Talk to you soon
Skinny Mike

Back