• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Would I lie to you honey ?

Cheyenne

BILLY MAYS HERE WITH THE AMAZING NEW TRACK EASY !!!!!

1billy-mays-thumbs.jpg

Did you ever try and put together Dragon indy tracks with slow setting glues or adhesives and then try and rush to put them on your tank or halftrack ?

Well no more !!! ....... with track easy you can connect your tracks , set them aside for a year and then put them on your tank just like the real thing !!!!

Why it's so easy a cave man can do it !!!!

1geico_caveman.jpg

First get yourself some rubber cement , obtainable in any art supply place , or BDSM shop because some of you that don't live in the U.S as I have been told don't have malls .

Picture1215.jpg

Then apply a boogers worth of the said rubber cement to the insides of the connectors , ........... thusly with a sewing needle or pin .

Picture1217.jpg

In a half hour you can paint em , put em on your vehicle just like the way the real ones are done .
Just guide them over your wheels and your ....... TRACK EASY !!!!

Picture1216.jpg

They remain flexible forever , ........ if they come apart in a section , you didn't use enough booger , just reapply and connect !!!

DISCLAIMER: I don't know if anyone has ever done this before or shared this tip , as far as I know I thought this up in my very own melon .

MAJOR EDIT : I FORGOT TO ADD THAT WHEN YOUR TRACKS ARE ON , DAB THEM AT THE JOINS WITH A PIN OR NEEDLE WITH CA GLUE FOR A PERMANENT BOND .

Hey, wow.

That is a great idea, I gotta try it on my next kit. Cause I got lots of boogers. But do you need to have that big metal can on the work bench when you do that :pinch: ?

:unsure:

:huh:

:ermm:

Gary B)

WOW looks like a great idea! Now I have to find me some of that stuff and give it a try!

Thanks for the tip!!

Erik

:huh: One word I do not understand ..... MALL ? :unsure: :S

Did you just make that word up ? :unsure:

Great idea .... Birthday Brilliance :woohoo: Glad you wrote it down , you probably would never remember it sober ! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: All you have to remember now is where the forum is ;)

Jenny :kiss:

I like this idea. I have rubber cement sitting right next to the bottle of Pro-weld. Why did I never think to try this before.

Oh man.... How do I explain this in the tips section of a future issue of Armoured Fury?

The Booger Technique? :laugh: :blink :laugh:

Might have to include a sealed section in future issues.... :eek:hmy:

Er...I don't get it :blush: What is exactly the "rubber cement" ? Is the glue that the shoe repairs man use ?
Can you please show me the can opened?

Thanks!

Darío

Hi Dario , ..............
It really is a snot like texture out of the can but after drying it morphs into the booger state , more rubbery and solid .
A lot of modelers have been using rubber cement as a mask .
When you want miniscule chips , you add a little silvering , larger areas you want to scrape off the top coat of paint to see the under coat , here's where the rubber cement comes in . It's easily removable just pull or roll it off like a real booger .

Picture1218.jpg

Rubber cement is favored in art applications where easy and damage-free removal of adhesive is desired. Unlike water-based PVA glues (i.e. white or Elmer’s brand glue), rubber cement does not shrink much, thereby preventing wrinkles to the adhered surfaces. Many formulations based on n-heptane and n-hexane are safe to use on most finished paper surfaces, unlike water-based glues.

Such cements are designed to easily peel or rub off without damaging the paper or leaving any trace of adhesive behind, making them ideal for use in paste-up work where excess cement might need to be removed. It also does not become brittle as paste does. Rubber cement is safe for use with photographs and specialty papers as it will not cause deterioration over time, a danger associated with many other common adhesives. It is not considered an archivally sound adhesive.

Back