• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Winter camo applications

Ozzie Jo

I have just finished the Great Wall Hobby kits of both the BMW 75 and the Zundaap.( I now know I don't have fingers for installing brake lines etc on a 1/35 scale bike).

As I was going to use them in a winter themed diorama I would like to know if winter white camo was ever used on things like motorcycles and kettenkraftrads.
I haven't been able to find much in the way of photos online so I was wondering if my search ability sucks or if they were just too small to bother with camouflage...therefore no examples exist.

I have not seen any. Be aware that these bikes would stick to roads during winter so they will be DIRTY!

While researching and reviewing my reference materials for Vulcan Models' K500 light bike (really nice by the way) I did not find any white wash.

Regards,

Thats a though one, just because there isn't a photo of it dosn't mean it never happend, i would go for a whitewash on both of them, if you put ur self in the germans 'shoes' i would do everything i could to hide fom the russians and a big grey bike it is going to stick out against the white snow.
i hope this helps and let us know what you decide to do.

Nick.

Thanks for the input guys. I have decided to whitewash the kettenkraftrad for sure and will more than likely do the bikes on the ground also.

I agree with you about the Vulcan Models kit Saul. I wanted one but they were too hard to get when I was putting in orders for my 2 wheelers. Where did you source yours from? I still have to get a couple more bikes to replace the old Italeri and Tamiya kits I can't be bothered bringing up to scratch. Would also like to get a couple of the Swash Designs white metal ones but same deal applies to availability. ( I would need to bring my soldering skills up to speed first.)

I want the swash ones but I really want to know if they named their rider after me ? :huh:

I actually would like the SAS jeeps too :)

Jenny :kiss:

Back