• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Who makes decals?

Gene

Hi Gang,
I'm looking for someone who can make me some custom decals. The catch is they need to be chrome.
Thanks!!

For chrome, why a decal and not Bare Metal Foil? They have various types of chrome.

Regards,

Thanks guys. I don't think BMF will work, because the decals I want done would be a very fancy script. They'll be going on a dump truck.

I know who can do that!

Saul's right, paint it chrome and then mask off the chrome parts and paint the rest.

I recently got masks made by Ad Astra and was very impressed by their product. They make custom masks and for my P-51 they also printed up a decal with the tech specs for the side of the a/c with the serial number of my aircraft. If you show them what you want they may make masks for the chrome and print the name if too fine. Run it by them and see. My custom masks with the decals cost a whopping $15.00. Inexpensive by anyone's reckoning.
James

I recently got masks made by Ad Astra and was very impressed by their product. They make custom masks and for my P-51 they also printed up a decal with the tech specs for the side of the a/c with the serial number of my aircraft. If you show them what you want they may make masks for the chrome and print the name if too fine. Run it by them and see. My custom masks with the decals cost a whopping $15.00. Inexpensive by anyone's reckoning.
James

Thats nice! maybe I can finally get a set made for my nf-104!!! :laugh:

Back