• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"which is better" Panzergrenadier Eastern Front

Hi Folks,
This figure is in scale 1:16 from Verlinden Productions. It consists of 17 parts and is made of resin. The parts are the upper body, legs, boots, arms, hands with the guns, the holster and various equipment. I have the figure next to two others, purchased from a online shop in a discount promotion

The resin is cast perfectly. It was completed only a few small holes. The fit is also very good, only at the transitions from body to the arms and head to the body I had to fill something. The individual details on the uniform and the equipment, and the drapery is excellent.

After the assembly, filling and sanding the figure was only once thoroughly cleaned with soap water. Before the actual painting, the figure was sprayed with a primer. I use to the black primer from Vallejo in the spray bottle. Then it came to painting. I started with the face, then the cap, and so it went further down from above. I used only colors of Vallejo Model Color. The colors I mix my own always together after the original photos of uniforms and equipment.

The base is a small wooden base by Andrea Miniatures, which I stained and varnished. Then something was plotted “Moltofill” depth filler. Small stones, Decorative sand, wood chips and even a brick wall piece made of bricks “Minimundus” dolls house building were set on the Moltofill mass. After this ground was airbrushed, some aged and dusty with pigments.

Since it was my first Figure in 1:16, I can finally realize that it takes a bit longer than on a smaller scale and work because of the many details even more precise.

I call this small base, "which is better?"
Greets Olav

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Re:"which is better" Panzergrenadier Eastern Fron

Spendid stuff there Olav !!!!!
Camo on Jacket and trousers are excellent !! :)

One point if I may is the Helmet camo cover stands out a bit too much for me and contrasts too much against both Oak leaf and 44 Pea dot.

But as I say the figure is splendid, good Job !

Andy

Re:"which is better" Panzergrenadier Eastern Fron

Well a splendid Camo job , the face is superb and I love the treatment of the equipment , specially the water bottle ;) .

Jenny :kiss:

Man, who cares wich gun is better? I wonder wich is better painted, the trouser or the jacket!!! :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy:

There is not a SBS of this figure??

Thanks for sharing!

Darío

The trousers, in my opinion, are much harder to get right and Olav has captured them superbly

Id like to see an SBS too

I agree with Jenny about the water bottle you can almost feel the texture of the cover

:)

Back