• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

What went wrong?

The Zod

A few days back,I went and sprayed the clear flat coat onto my CTA build.
frost1.jpg

I used a 3 parts mix of Future,and a 1 part mix of Tamiya flat base. I stirred it well. I did not spray on a heavy coat.

There are times I wonder why I even bother. :pinch:

never fear! It could have been humid weather. I had the same thing happen to one of my props on that last weekend of Ju388 construction- OMG! I let it dry overnight, shot it again and the white blushing went away. It will on your beautiful Sherman, too!

Its hard to tell from the picture what is wrong. Did it crystallize or something? From this angle it doesnt look bad except for some white in the crevasses. Maybe if thats the case you could rewash them?

James

never fear! It could have been humid weather. I had the same thing happen to one of my props on that last weekend of Ju388 construction- OMG! I let it dry overnight, shot it again and the white blushing went away. It will on your beautiful Sherman, too!

Would cooler weather affect it as well? I think it was in the 40's when I sprayed it on.

Its hard to tell from the picture what is wrong. Did it crystallize or something? From this angle it doesnt look bad except for some white in the crevasses. Maybe if thats the case you could rewash them?

James

It looks like it turned chalky to me James. I may redo the wash,wait a few days,then respray it. Hopefully that will take care of the problem.
I wanted to try this flatcoat,as the testors acrylic flat clear coat makes my washes disappear.

Humbrol mat clear rattle cans tend to do that. I would turn the heating up and go for a thinned tamiya flat coat and keep them as dust coats and i think you will cover that and be fine.

I wish I could turn the heat up. I take my models with me on the road in my truck. Spraying inside the truck with the heat on is not really a good option with the fumes.
If I have to,I guess a hotel room would be an option. :)

Humbrol mat clear rattle cans tend to do that. I would turn the heating up and go for a thinned tamiya flat coat and keep them as dust coats and i think you will cover that and be fine.

Back