• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

What was under your tree ??

dirtball

Hope all of you got lots of goodies for Christmas. Me, as far as plastic, I got 2 Lego bases(10x10) for my jig to set My P-38 on to get all straight. But....The boss OK'ed $250 for my modeling account. Now I can save for my A-1J when it comes out, and have some money for other things that come along. Is Christmas great or what?...........Harv :yipee

100_3369.jpg

Nothing modeling related...but I did get a Hines Ward jersey and Terrible Towel...and a PS3 :)

Now I can save for my A-1J when it comes out,

You're not talking about the big 1:32 scale coming out, oh hell I can't remember the name of the company..

What I got, clothes. That's cool, all I need, and seeing the look on my Wife's face when she opened her Kindle Fire... :yipee

Cool stuff.
I got a WNW kit, a 1/32 FW 190D with complete interior, a Kobo ereader and best of al a very cool job.
James

Fake pine needles...

My son did get a bunch of cool stuff~ with the Legos being the closest to model related.

Regards,

At my speed I got about 5 years of models :gogo

Barney sent me 7 Cars all from the 40's and 50's. :geek

Phil sent me an Hasagawa 1/48 Huricane Mk1 tropical with South African decals but I will be able to use it as a base for Pat Pattles bird in Greece.

Wifey got me the Academy 1/72 Stuka and mom in law the OV10 Bronco in Iraq war livery.

Oh and I finaly got my red silk tie also. :yipee But no socks or underpants this year :bang head :D

Hey GUYS ,

Well it was all reference for Me .... I I dig it too !!

Blood, Steel & Myth : ... this Book is Huge !! It is a lot bigger in person than lookin' at pix of it. It's 475 pages & over 312 pix . This is a Must have if you Dig th Battle of Kursk. IT centers on th battle of Prochorowka ( German spelling of Procorovka) . Plus th Author - George Nipe ... lives here in th Old Dominion .... I must seek him out to get My copy signed !! It supposed to be the most up to date & factual book on this part of th Kursk Salient. Th pIx are Awesome ! :ro: :ro: :ro: :ro:

Panzers in the Sand pt 1 & 2 : Great set of books by Stackpole ! If you like it - get both volumes ! Volume 1 starts at th beginning with th formation of th Unit ( Pz. Reg 5 ) & Vol. II gets into th Nitty Gritty when Pz. Reg. 5 goes to Afrika !! Great pix from th Vets collections. Great shots of Pz. II's - Tons of 'em ! Later in part Deux ... there are some really good pix of th Pz IV's !

Tigers in Normandy : Awesome ... & Timely ( considering I'm in th middle of this Wittmann/ Monroe Perdue build ) Thumbing through it - A Superb collection of th Tigers that were in Normandy & th ones that belonged to L.S.S.A.H. s.SSPz.Abtl 101 ( WIttmann's unit),s.SSPzAbtl 102 & th 503rd( Wehrmacht) . It starts from the Formation of th Tigers in Normandy all th way through to th Falaise Kessel !! Pix ? ... Oh Mommy ... This is a Beautiful collection of th Tigers in Normandy. Only one that comes to mind is th Tigers in Combat I & II , but they just do an Overview. This book specifically concentrates on th Kompanies & Battalions that were in Normandy @ th Start of th Invasion !!

kellys-heroes.jpeg

" That's a Mutha' Beautiful book on TiggaZ " - Oddball approved !! (y)

Tanks and Armored Fighting Vehicles : A Very cool book of the Overview of th Tops in Tanks & AFVs from around th world ... What .... Ya' didn't thik that all My library was in German Armor did ya .... :D

Great set of Books & guaranteed to Keep My Nose in there for a while !!

A lil' bummed I didn't get any Styrene .. but .... Only 4 months til My Birthday !!

Hi Guys ,

My haul for Christmas was

1/35 AFV Club Valentine Mk 1 Infantry Tank MK III

1/35 Monochrome(trumpeter) JGSDF Type 73 1/2 Truck (i love anything to do with the Modern Japanese Ground Self Defense Force)

2 DVD's

Star Blazers The Movie (released last year in japan)

BRIEF SUMMARY: The year is 2199, and the Earth has been under radioactive siege from extraterrestrials known as the Gamilas for five years. The Earth's surviving population has moved underground to escape the bombardment, but the contamination is slowly penetrating to reach them. The last space battleship of the exhausted Earth Defense Forces, Yamato, sets out on a journey of to Iscandar, a planet located in the Large Magellanic Cloud, to acquire a device that can heal the ravaged Earth before it is too late.

Samurai Commando: Mission 1549 (Sengoku Jieitai) 1549

BRIEF SUMMARY: An accident during tests of an anti-plasma artificial magnetic shield at Japan's Ground Self Defense Force East Fuji pratice range sends the 3rd Special Experimental Company, under Colonel Matoba (KAGA Takeshi), on a time-slip 460 years into the past, into 'the Age of civil War'.

At the same time an imaginary-number anomaly thought to be caused by interference from the past begins eroding the present, opening up widening time-space 'holes' all over Japan.

Kashima (EGUCHI Yosuke), formerly a confidant of Matoba, and a member of his disbanded special forces 'F Unit', decide to go into the distant past with 2nd Lieutenant Kanzaki (SUZUKI Kyoka), who was responsible for the accident, as part of the 'Romeo' rescue unit. They have only 74 hours and 27 minutes to save Matoba and his men stop present-day Japan from vanishing; any longer and the fluctuation in time will leave them behind forever.

Resigning themselves to the daner, Kashima and the Romeo Unit understake the risky 'time slip' back to 1549, only to find Matoba alive and well. To preserve himself and his men in that war-torn age, he has quit the Self-Defence Force and taken the place of the thisorical warlord Oda Nobunaga, in whose guise he is attempting to make himself king of Japan. Leading his army, he has formed around his 'Heavens Guide'; he seeks to rest history, to remake modern Japan into a powerful state capable of ruling through strength.

The Oda army assaults the Romeo Unit. Under the waves of attackers in cooperation with the 3rd Special Experiemntal Company and its quitpment, Kashima and his comrades lose one man after another. To make matters worse, Mataba has in this ancient time build a terrifying weapon with the intention of tampering with history by turning the entire Kanto plain (area surrounding modern day Tokyo) to ashes.

Can Kashima and Kanzaki stop Matoba as Oda Nobunaga and his threat to the present? What is their responsibility toward the future?

001%7E7.JPG

Best present was getting to spend time with my sister , her husband & kids as i only get to see them one a year !!! :cheer:

2199...yeah right. Everyone knows 2012 is the last year anyway, better get started on that stash guys!

Sounds like a fun haul Joey. :mpup

Back