• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

What should I do?

53Chevy

Howdy All,
This is a small rant/ I don't know what to do. I meet this guy(no names, not fair to him) I'll call Mr.Z. I posted on another site (Pre post exchange) that I was looking for a book, Tanks in Chechnya, long OOP. I posted on a long shot and I got a response from Mr.Z. He had one but it was an Ebook. He told me that he would load it on a flash drive with some other stuff and the we could trade. He said that the Ebook had cost him $40.00. Cool, I had a Modelpoint T-72 turret set and an AEF KMT-5 he wanted, plus we get to talking and I have a Russina movie he would like to see and will get back to me. I figure I have meet a good modelling buddy. He asked if I could send the flash drive bask to him and I said no problem. I sent off the items the next day and bought a padded envelope for the return of the flash drive.
Now, 2 weeks go on and nothing. He forgot to send them out and had been out of town. Cool, I understand things happen. He says they will go out the next day. I get this story for 3 months!!!! Now in that time, he gets sick and is in the hospital. He is sorry and it will go out tomorrow. 2 more weeks, nothing. I send him another email, hey, when I say Iam going to do something I do it. Can I have my kits back? Keep the movie. Nothing. I get an empty plain envelope from him. I did not understand?
Now, I have traded and sent for free parts, figs, kits and items to people all over the world (with free shipping) as a modelling "pay it forward" thing. I have to say Iam really turned off buy this. He and I had chated for awhile and did not "feel" a cheat happing.
What should I do? Thanks ( I feel better now) Ryan

It's easy to sit here and second guess but I think the empty envelope is a way of saying FU. Hate to be blunt but there it is. We all have done the pay it forward thing and I have rarely heard of a deal gone bad, sorry to say it sounds like this is the deal gone bad.

If you had gotten nothing from him I would say there's still a benefit of doubt but getting an empty envelope? Sounds like he took the effort to send you nothing in return.

What can you do?

Sorry Ryan,

But this guy is a thief. He took your nice turret (and crappy mineroller - OK, maybe this particular AEF Designs kit is nice) and offered you what? An e-book he paid $40? No way that happened.

By the way, still looking for a Zil? I may have a spare Italeri cab for you. Nothing wanted in return.

Regards,

That hurts. But it is the danger of the internet, and not being face to face with someone. About the only thing I could think to suggest is to simply mark it up as an expensive lesson. And also to go to the "other site" and make a post (try your best to avoid any of the name calling that this Ahole really deserves) to the general population to alert others so that this jackass doesn't get a chance to do this to someone else.

Who knows. If you take this idiots little game public he might actually send you something besides an empty envelope.

Gary

Hey 53chevy, sorry to read of the bad deal. Well if you want a replacement mineroller I've got one - it is yours if you want it.

Well Ryan , I am real sorry that this has happened . There are bad people out there . I would not mind if you sent me or MoonPup his name and usual forum handle and we will add him to our "order of the great unwanted" , we can do without his type on Tanks and Things . :)

Jenny :kiss:

Thanks all,
I am not dumb to the fact that there are people out there for thier own gain. I am just upset that we had a dialog that was going well. I thank everyone for thier points. Yes, I will chalk this up, it happens.
Sherman, no I don't need the mineroller, I have the new KMT-7 from MIG coming!!
Saul, Thanks for the offer on the Zil, I have one coming.
This will not stop me from helping anyone out here. We have a great community here! Thanks again, Ryan B)

Back