• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

what next ?

I suspect some of the pricing is coming from the popularity of the subscription kits that are becoming more popular among the novice modelers. Things like a 1/8th scale Ecto 1 that is somewhere around 3 ft long and the Back to the Future Delorean also in 1/8 scale. You subscribe to a monthly shipment of 4 issues. Each issue comes with parts for a small assembly section of the kit. Some issues are minor parts and other issues are major parts so costing evens out. My Millenium Falcon, R2D2, and BTTF Delorean were all done that way and it took about 2 years each to get all the parts. I was able to get a 1/8 Beetle Cabrio kit all at once for a discount, but it was still a fair chunk.
Note that most of those kit have numerous parts that are zinc castings and are prepainted or precolored.

Don't ask me how much I have invested in my 1/32 scale Memphis Belle with all the bells and whistles. The 1/32 scale PBY Catalina by HPH had everything you could ever want in the kit plus it will take a while to build.

Back