• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Well done Minart Italian Tankers

chris808

Hi all

Not sure if this is in the right topic as i posted about the The New Minart Italian Tankers sort of made me get on my soap box"Sorry" :huh: and man not German i know they sell well but bloody hell how many variations can you have on one uniform, and poses,units and camo its good to see more of this type of figure and there has i feel been more of a recent lean towards comenwealth troops which has been long over due.Hell i have a pic of my dad wearing cut down german flying boots a holsterd wealther P38 and used a MP40 a lot and he was only a private.
Its all about imagination thats what makes i feel great finihed models that little something outside of the box.
I know we can convert and hey that can be fun but for example the Dragon Brit troops in Italy i use them for converting as there is nothing in there poses to fire me up,which again is time consuming when time to model is at times short,trousers tucked perfectly in gaiters, battle dress done up parade style scrim perfectly on a helmets shirts done up,i end up looking at the box Art as good as it is and start humming "Put me to bed Sgt Major" lol.
Phil Waldron the Australian figure maker really does think out side the box and renders figures that are awesome clearly representing that these soldiers were in a war,and makes you want to paint
Oh well feel better now sorry guys

Cheers Chris

got to agree with ya mate i love that tatty look that only soliers in the field can get away with, mind you some of us were Sgt majors worst nightmares in camp as well :woohoo:(am i hurtin you son "no sarnt major"WELL I SHOULD BE I'M STANDIN ON YER BLOODY HAIR!!!!!)

Glad you agree mate lol i remember one saying ,As the SM hit you in the chest with his pace stick he would growel "There is a piece of S----t on the other end of this stick"
It TOOK A BRAVE MAN TO SAY ANYTNING BACK lolo although i remember Mike Kelly saying if a fit of madness once "not my end Sgt Major" spent a lot of time in the guard house did Kelly,hell he had his nato jumper upersleves fitted with velcro he got busted so much

Cheers Chris

ha ha ha yeah sounds bout right i got caught walking on the parade square (at about 3am)and had to suffer a 2 hour rant about only god walks on my parade square and he asks my permission !!!! and spent the next god knows how many weeks on extras :pinch:

chris808 wrote:
Hi all

Not sure if this is in the right topic as i posted about the The New Minart Italian Tankers sort of made me get on my soap box"Sorry" :huh: and man not German i know they sell well but bloody hell how many variations can you have on one uniform, and poses,units and camo its good to see more of this type of figure and there has i feel been more of a recent lean towards comenwealth troops which has been long over due.Hell i have a pic of my dad wearing cut down german flying boots a holsterd wealther P38 and used a MP40 a lot and he was only a private.
Its all about imagination thats what makes i feel great finihed models that little something outside of the box.
I know we can convert and hey that can be fun but for example the Dragon Brit troops in Italy i use them for converting as there is nothing in there poses to fire me up,which again is time consuming when time to model is at times short,trousers tucked perfectly in gaiters, battle dress done up parade style scrim perfectly on a helmets shirts done up,i end up looking at the box Art as good as it is and start humming "Put me to bed Sgt Major" lol.
Phil Waldron the Australian figure maker really does think out side the box and renders figures that are awesome clearly representing that these soldiers were in a war,and makes you want to paint
Oh well feel better now sorry guys

Cheers Chris

Here here Peter,
I have to agree with you 100 percent...
Thanks for jumping up on that soap box. It's nice to see someone else
standing on it once in a while... :laugh: :lol:
I think the Italian Tankers look great too.
I really like what Master box is doing with it's figures.
Check out Bravo 6 figures too.

Shawn

Back