• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Watch Your Figure!

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
It has been brought to my attention that a figure campaign has not been do for awhile. So how about it, who is in?

I am absolutely in! :D

So many subjects what someone could do,from very ancient to very recent.
It doesn't have to be a military figure by the way,someone who wants to do a civil figure or a figure from the Big Screen or what ever,here's your chance.

Will do a military figure my self.(most likely)

The original FFF campaign as we called it,some years back, was big fun.So why not vote YES?! :woohoo:

Greetings,Ron.

(Ha ha ha!..Watch Your Figure,good one Jeff!Is something else then Watch Your Cholesterol Level) ;)

Yup this is an easy do for me. In fact I have a new release fig from MB. Wouldn't surprise me though if it were going to be subject to a C & D as it really looks too muck like Alice from Resident Evil 3. That's Milla Jovovich in other words. :woohoo: Also there is the Squid mouth part to add to a Zombie.

l_MAS35175.jpg

For a better look you can see it here Dragon Models

Foor sure I will be in (I love figures!)...I already have a project for this one:

A Waffen SS alongside of a Flak 37 mm...all in the 120mm!!

Luiz

I'm in for this! I just started some figures, but I have an old 1/9 scale Warriors bust I
want to start on too.

When is go time?

Tom

I'm in for this! I just started some figures, but I have an old 1/9 scale Warriors bust I
want to start on too.

When is go time?

Tom

IF you vote in the poll above we have 7 players Tom.(at the moment I'm typing this)
10 players,and it's a GO! :)

Then we will look for the date to watch our figure...[sub]Weight Watchers will be happy for sure[/sub]
:rotf

Just a note that the Fettes Figure Forum will net you a ribbon also. Not many people participated in it so it was made open ended. If we are doing a new campaign I think I have one or two dozen that I could enter.
James

want to start on too.

When is go time?

Tom

IF you vote in the poll above we have 7 players Tom.(at the moment I'm typing this)
10 players,and it's a GO! :)

Then we will look for the date to watch our figure...[sub]Weight Watchers will be happy for sure[/sub]
:rotf

Well, heck, I thought I did vote...done now.

So, let's see when I need to stop putting bacon in my coffee...

Tom

This would be a great opportunity for me to try my hand at a figure. I just hope I'll have the temporary bench up in time.

I got a sea captain at the helm, one of those things you get in the gift shop on a cruise or something. I put it in the dishwasher once to clean it up and lost most of the paint. I was thinking of using it as a practice piece, there's no assembly to it, just repainting it. Would that be allowed?

I got a sea captain at the helm, one of those things you get in the gift shop on a cruise or something. I put it in the dishwasher once to clean it up and lost most of the paint. I was thinking of using it as a practice piece, there's no assembly to it, just repainting it. Would that be allowed?

I would say YES! :good:
Think this Campaign would be a good thing to practice Figure painting.
All scale and subjects,from very simple to very complexed ones.
Let this be a Figure Festival. :)

Greetings,Ron.

I have a similar question.

I have a 1/9 scale Warriors bust, with no work done to it, but...I have another
helmet that I sculpted a camo cover on, any problem using the pre-altered helmet?

Tom

I have a similar question.

I have a 1/9 scale Warriors bust, with no work done to it, but...I have another
helmet that I sculpted a camo cover on, any problem using the pre-altered helmet?

Tom

No problem at all,Tom.

I think that the main goals for this Campaign are:#1__paint a figure you like to do.
#2__have a bit of practice.
#3__have fun!

For the people who are in doubt:Just give it a try,you might LIKE it.
Who knows,you like it that much that we will see you regular in our (Fettes) Figure Forum after you gained some figure painting skills here in this Campaign.

Greetings,Ron.

That's what I thought, main focus on painting, thanks Ron!

Would be nice to see Fettes in the Fettes Figure Forum. :D

Tom

Back