• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Want to play a game?

jknaus

Administrator
I made a couple of these yesterday. Drew them up in Tinkercad. Any idea what they are for?
James

No guesses??
20240407_140031.jpg

I watched a You Tube video where a guy had a little cylinder that he had some tacky material and used it as a third hand. Drew these up in about 5 minutes and printed and it worked well. I'm using blue tac. Hopefully now I'll drop less parts trying to fit minuscule pieces together with my sausage fingers.
20240407_140041.jpg
20240407_140130.jpg

I made a small dish indent on top so the blue tac would be contained and I added a couple of wedges to keep the blue Tack from sliding off or moving around. Have to say it worked pretty well. I might make some taller ones and maybe some fatter ones for easier work and bigger parts.. The tow hook was 3 parts and small and this rig worked perfectly.
JAmes

Hmmm, just looked at original post and no pictures. Wonder how that happened. Oh weel here they are, wasnt much a guessing game with no pictures was it?
20240407_135847.jpg
20240407_135850.jpg

Ah I see. Part holder. Good idea James.
Not my idea, but a good one. My fat fingers get in the way of this small stuff and this was pretty easy. Lay down first part, add glue , put on second part, add glue add third part and done in less time than it took to write or read this and no parts sticking to my fingers or falling into the black hole of my workshop floor.

Back