• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Vulcan Models K800 and K800 with Steib Sidecar

Was the K800 ever operated without a sidecar? My understanding is that heavy motorcycles always operated with a sidecar... I use the words "ever" and "always" loosely as things tend to change in the field...

"been there, done that" in 1/16th & 1/9th scale.
One of the "hottest" looking motorcycles ever.

my scratch-built K-800 Zundy built back around 2004 in 1/9th scale.
(photo on top is actual Zundapp K-800, used for reference during build)

zun01.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________

my 1/16th scale K-800 scratch-build. Done with very limited (at the the time back in the day) reference featured in the September 1993 issue of Military Modelling magazine.

zun02.jpg

thanks for looking,
alex wence

Alex,

I hope you won't mind sharing your references!

Regards,

sharkmouth,

I'm very happy to share and dont mind at all.

Been a big fan of the Zundapp K-800 for the past 20 years or so and have done much research since then on the subject.
The K-800 is a late 1930s civilian motorcycle that was used much by the Germans during WW2.
The "Steib" sidecar was a universal type of sidecar that could be adapted to most (British, German, etc.) motorcycles of the day.
It had a streamline bullet design, very cool looking.
I'm very happy to know that the 'Zundy' K-800 has been done in 1/35th with a big gap filled in for WW2 era motorcycles in miniatures.
thanks for the news,
alex wence

Dear Sir
The Vulcan/Swash K800 isn't the first on the market.
Propaganda Kompany make one since 1999, with many others 1/35 models.

zundapp-k800-w--side-car.jpg

All the best
Marc

Hi Marc,

Nice of you to pop in!

Yes, you do have a resin one and there was also the metal one from Swash Designs. This is the first in injection molded polystyrene plastic.

Regards,

Back