• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Voodoo 2 Mk II Picking up another old thread

dollar19

Hi all :cheer: .

This is where this little Voodoo2 started over on the old site.

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net/the-others-f20/geedog-s-voodoo-t2344.htm

Thanks!! :woohoo:

And I promised Bob Robert I'd finish this, So I'm picking up where I left off.

I'm going to fix all the fuselage seams before the wing/fuselage joint. I'll take that monster on later so I don't break any filler trying to futz with something else.

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg
:cheer:

I hope your's fit better than mine, Maybe if the seams were right to start with I wouldn't have had the gaping holes on the wing root.

I got the seam on the fuselage cleaned up nicely without losing the detail. But the shingle plated aft fuselage area is killing me!! :laugh:

IMG_1579.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1592.jpg

I feel your paint. I thought of just covering that with some metal foil but thought it was more work than filling and sanding.

I attacked the legendary trenches today. Yes the wing/fuselage joint. Packed those babies full of red spotting putty, let it sit a bit and cleaned it up with some acetone and what do you thing i got.

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

I also started sanding down the cans, lost all the detail, but I have a plan to fix that.

don't tease...what plan? Those kit cans really suck, surprised no one has replacements in the aftermarket.

Okay here's the plan.................. Paint!

From what I can see, you would have to stand right next to the cans to see those weld beads. I have been that close and I can tell you they are small and very tight. Think TIG welds.

So I'm gonna try to replicate the heat discoloration with paint. Notice I said try.

Got some pics of the real thing.

f101-570308-a.jpg

scan0012.jpg

And one heart breaker
0878764.jpg

Oh that's tragic. Nice paint scheme on the red and blue one though. Wonder what that wingless fusalage goes to, almost looks like a A4 skyhawk.

I like your idea, looking at these pictures you have a stark demark between the different metals. That should be a good way to go.

I don't know Bob. That might be a T-33. The pit is too large and the nose looks too round to be a A-4. To my eyes.

Here's a kick in the teeth.

Wish I had gotten here a little sooner. You can close those upper wing root gaps much better by first sawing through the lateral framework between the intake tubes before you close them up in the fuselage. Cutting out a small section of the frame allows you to flex the wings a bit more and force the gap closed.

Rick L.

from ARC, in response to my posting the Voodoo over there. Makes you wanna cry, don't it?

I knew the prob was with the intakes all along. Just wish now I'd thought about this as a fix. :idonno

Back to the Voodoo....................

I think I got the wing root seam dealt with pretty nicely. And the high heat section of the tail. I shot a coat of primer on them this morning, and I'm pretty pleased with the result.

IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1665.jpg

Back