• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

VFS Jug

paddy

Moonpup mentioned the VFS jug on another thread and i thought this might interest you.

Cowling1.jpg

Jugsofar.jpg

VFSFinished8.jpg

VFSFinished1.jpg

VFSFinished3.jpg

hv-s6.jpg

There are a few problems with this kit if you are picky. the cylinders are spaced wrong on the engine so there isnt a vertical pot on the front row and the back row are not evenly spaced from the front row so attaching the exhaust is a nightmare unless you correct the cylinder spacing first..
You need to do something with the seat like this with some plastic card and an old coke can :)

seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

seat3a.jpg

seat4.jpg

seat5.jpg

DSC_0005-2.jpg

DSC_0003-2.jpg

This front engine ring is just a square section ring in the kit. I cut the two protrusion off the bottom and turned it in a lathe to hollow out the middle to give it the correct u section appearance for example

Guns are just plastic sticks so i made some barrels out of alloy as well as a new spinner and so on

Spinner1.jpg

It is a great starting point but it needs a lot of time to make it something you would want to keep. I did a build blog on Aeroscale somewhere that explains how to but the engine right...its not easy :)

Fantastic stuff. Love the jug, but that one is a bit too big for me. You did some beautiful work on her.
(y) (y) (y) (y)
James

I love Jugs, especially ones with teeth. Yet, these VFS are jugs are too big for me.

Wonderful work on it.

Regards,

I'm somewhat clueless since we all built different scales on this site. I can tell it's definitely not 1/72 but just what scale is it ?
Very nice otherwise Paddy....The scale does help me get a better perspective on the build.
Regards, Christian B)

Ok, that makes it easier on my poor brain. I also hope we don't become a webb site for large models only . Other webb sites seem to favor those.

Thanks, James. Christian B)

That does look great- and its a great example of why 1/32 and 1/24 are the scale of the damned for aircraft builders! :ro:

You are not wrong, its not something i would do again TBH. It was simply that this guy not far from me had commissioned these kits and i just had to have a look :) He was wrapping and distributing these from his private house and selling them at model shows locally. It was very much a "cottage industry"

A few more of my Jugs all 1/48

Img0086.jpg

With Aires
P-471.jpg

And a fun project..a bare metal foil covered razorback. I sprayed the white and yellow areas first then added the BMF in silver and black for the D-day stripes.

jug4.jpg

Jug12.jpg

Rjug4.jpg

Rjug8.jpg

Rjug7.jpg

and slightly off topic
some of my Aires detail kits, all 1/48

_DSC0009.jpg

i have recently done a FW190 as well which is supposed to depict a lame duck after the German withdrawal
FW19035.jpg

FW19030.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Ok, that makes it easier on my poor brain. I also hope we don't become a webb site for large models only . Other webb sites seem to favor those.

Thanks, James. Christian B)

That's because we are getting older and the ol eyes don't work as good. Have no fear there is no preference here.

(y)

Well, not exactly the spring chicken here... B) This picture would do me more justice if it had regular glasses on it.
The problem remains that as beautiful as they are, it still does not give more storage space or make my wallet any bigger.
The reason for my headache is that what ever I throw together in my scale will never hold a candle to the bigger scales
Expecting that I might age gracefully is also well beyond good reasoning. Gonna be a long struggle :fencing

Cheers, Christian B) Love that Brit Jug !

The reason for my headache is that what ever I throw together in my scale will never hold a candle to the bigger scales

BULLSHIT!

There, I said it. I try to keep language to what I would say in public here, I would have said that in public.

Chris I've seen your collection of work and it certainly does hold a candle and then some to larger scale work. I think you can look at various scales as various mediums, you can't get the same artwork out of oils as you do watercolor or charcoal but it's none the less art.

The detail I've seen you do in 1:72 is even more challenging that in larger scales.

Good grief just one squirrel between us and you use profanity :rotf . Wonder how it would go if I was not doing it by braille. B) Maybe I do need the shades... wish I had some Ray Charles ! :fencing

Back