• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Versuchsflakwagen 8.8cm Flak auf Sonderfahrgestell

Tony lee

Master at Arms

I bought two of these kits also know as the Grille 10.

As of right now: Flak 41

One of the kits I converted to the Flak 37 long before Bronco released their version. (wouldn't you know it)
Donor kit:

As it sits right now: Flak37

Three were built all with Flak 37s.
The three were changed over to Flak 41s.
One was changed back to a Flak 37 because the 41 that was in it was worn out before being sent to Italy
for battlefield testing.

The other two with 41s stayed at home for more testing and training therefore still painted Dark Yellow.
The one sent to Italy would have been repainted the camo of the day which was a base coat of Green with
Dark yellow and sometimes a bit of brown for the overlay camo pattern.

I won't be building anything new until I finish a large number of models that have been stored in every nook and cranny of my hobby room. I really don't like to do finish work as building is my groove so i've got to get all these incomplete models done while i'm in the mood.

Hopefully you'll see several different SPGs completed over the next 13 months.

SPGs Forever
Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

Wasn't it Pup very handy maybe those Yanks were ready to sit out the rest of the war and circled back to catch a ride. :laugh:

The 88 was voted the most versatile gun of the war Dave and they dang sure took advantage of the fact.

I had busy day and never went near the bench,Sorry
Tony lee

I have a couple of ideas as to what I may do . still working that part out. I don't think I can lead so I'm content to draft you.

Update

Wash:
Wash and first pin wash

While the 37 is drying i'll get to work on the 41

SPGs Forever

Both the 37 and the 41 look great Tony! :popcorn

Were these built on a Panzer iv chassis or their own special chassis? It looks longer than a Panzer iv would be and the road wheels don't look right (if I got that right..).

Just curious....

Warren it's been about two and half or more since I research this model so here goes:
Extended PzIV Hull,Half track suspension (I think it was)will have to search the net again to make sure.

Pup the filter coat,Future sealed,decals and future sealed decals already done two years ago. It was ready for the wash when I started today.
The 41 is only painted so in the morning i'll dust it off and seal with Future.

I was sitting here assembling some figures while watching TV for just in case.

Tony lee :eek:ldguy

The 41 is back out in the light of day and there's more to do than I thought,oh well.

Barrel needs paint,tracks need paint. Decals for the ammo and ammo boxes, filter coat and then seal the whole works up for washes.

Now where did I put that dark yellow paint mix? :idonno

Update

Detail:
Paint and decals

Finished painting the barrel,painted some details and added decal to the ammo boxes,shells and instruments.
Will spray a satin coat tomorrow and start the filter.

Cheers

Back