• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Versuchsflakwagen 8.8cm Flak auf Sonderfahrgestell

Its an experimental design, they mounted a what? 4 tom 88 on a tank chassis and made some doors with the idea of opening the doors and using them as a variable shield or deck when the gun was in use! The men that worked this contraption probably called it something endearing like 'finger crusher' cause you know opening and closing those doors was a white knuckled and wide eye experience. Especially knowing that someone may be thinking of shooting at you while you messed with those doors! Makes sence it could be done from inside the shield. Loving this build Tony- thanks again CR :dude

Thanks to a secret admirer of mine, knowing I was going to get another one of these Bronco kits to build
a Flak 37 version, donated his toward the project and much appreciated it was not to mention the surprise.

Judging from the period photos the base of the gun did not appear to be flat on the deck so I pried out the already install flak 41 base plate and cut it down reducing the height by about half. The height of the gun now compares well with the photos.

How's that for a start James :notworthy
Tony lee

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :D
You da man Tony.

Oh and I was thinking legs as support. I see the supports you mentioned now, but I kind of thought it odd there were no folding legs. Cant wait to see more Tony.
James

Paint Paint

Since i've now got two track jigs i'm building both sides at the same time,almost done with em.

See ya later troopers
Tony lee

I painted the wheels yellow because they'll tie in with the yellow camo. :eek:hyeah
After I get the sides mounted and painted along with all the small stuff i'll do some fading,that'll lighten up the green some.

Thanks James
Tony lee

Added some of the small stuff today:

I would say this is the Flak 37 that was sent to Italy because of the spare tracks and tow cable mounted on the front.

I put together some extra links and PE retainers for the tracks and a tow cable for a pretty good match up
of what the photo shows.

We got some good rain last night and that means I won't have to water the garden for Catherine. That grocery store trip about killed me. :eek:hmy:

Beautiful Day in the Ozarks
Tony lee

Back