• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Vallejo and Tamiya question

Isn't it the other way around,James?

Vallejo paint retarded with Tamiya paint.[don't know the answer]

I guess you mean Tamiya acrylics btw,they do,or had,also enamel paint.

Greetings,Ron.

Yeas Ron, Acrylics. Cant find enamel here. And it is Tamiya Retarder. The LHS had a bottle so picked it up. Just wondering if it can be used with Valejo. Never heard of it before when I bought it.
James

That's a new one for me also,James.

Tamiya_paint_retarder.jpg

Someone knows the answer,folks?

Greetings,Ron.

That must be a must have for brushpainting tamiya paint! gonna look for that one next time in the LHS

I would say James theres only one way to find out,... :D

Find some scrap plastic, mix into paint and away you go

Ive never seen the stuff before and would like to know the answer mate (y)

The only thing the two systems share in common is that they both are called acrylics, otherwise unless it thins with water it won't work on both systems. Tamiya paints are not real acrylics but instead water solvable lacquer paints. Vallejo are true acrylics.

Just looked for a thread for this topic but it seems aftre a few posts they forgot the original question :idonno

I can tell you that the two paints don't mix. Either need to experiment or look for some liquitex products.
Vallejo also makes a retarder for their paints but I have never had any . Sorry .

Cheer, Christian B)

Thanks John. Havent had a chance to go back to the shop since I asked this.
Thanks Chris, didnt forget, just didnt get back to answer.
Okay so I have a small bottle of Vallejo Retarder and LHS doesnt carry Vallejo anymore because people dont buy the colours she brought in. Now to find someone else. Dont know where to buy liquitex. Will experiment when I get some time with the Tamiya Retarder on Tamiya paints.
Thanks all.
James

Hi James . Sprue Brothers :
VAL70597-196 Vallejo Model Color - Drying Retarder 17ml #70597

Squadron shop also carries it :Vallejo - Retarder - VJ70597

Cheers, Christian B)

You can get liquitex at any craft store or art shop,....that sells oil paints and the like

US equivalent of Michaels, Blicks etc etc I dont know what you have in Canadia ;)

Back