• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Uschi Disc Camo II

Hey Guys ,

Here are some more Images that are Used with permission . It shows War time examples of the Disc Camo

@SHARK - Thanx for th kind words Brotha' !!

imgres-1.jpeg

P5_KGP_124_heimdal_copycopy%7E0.jpg

131_001%7E0.jpeg

t2rb6.jpg

P5_725_9pd_j_l_gantier_01.jpg

disc1.jpeg

gardennes-16.jpeg

article-2075565-0F353CAA00000578-419_964x601.jpeg

sturmm-3%7E0.jpeg

sturmgeshIVambush%7E0.jpg

Hey Erik! I bought a set of 1/35 scale direct from Uschi around Christmas, although I have not tried it yet. It appears the sets from AK Interactive are less expensive than the one I bought and the PE stencils look like they would help me get started. I was planning to use them on my yet unfinished Hetzer, but got a little intimidated by the adhesive. I am afraid I'll pull off PE parts and such when I remove the stencil! :pinch:

Hey Guys ,

@TANKTRAX - Thanx for th kind words !!

@MIKE- For th Hetzer Disc camo I suggest that you also get set ED-35. WIth that stencil it comes with the "reverse" of the 1st. sheet. So when you take the stencil off what's left are Discs. I used them to create the Cloud pattern. When finished I placed them on a scrape of Wax Paper( from th Kitchen cupboard) and slipped them back in th Zip-Lock bag th Stencil came in. Then you can go back & use DPC-35 to create th Bow ties with in th different Clouds.

I think you ordered from USCHI just as it was coming together with AK Interactive. ... Still , a Great Stencil !!

Screen_shot_2012-01-23_at_8_49_16_PM.png

Screen_shot_2012-01-24_at_1_18_50_AM.png

Here you can see what I did. I used th "left over" Disc cuts. I 1st shot th Dunkel Field, Then Green & Red-Brown. Where th fields came together I placed th Discs & reshot th Dunkel. Then I placed th strip from DPC-35 down to get th other parts of th Scheme. I think you can get this for th Hetzer.

DSC06648.JPG

DSC06650%7E0.JPG

DSC06651.JPG

Here's an Example from th Tank Farm here in V.A. of a "Hetzer"

sturmgeshIVambush%7E0.jpg

Here's a shot of th same Similar Style on a STUG IV

:erik

I think you can get this for th Hetzer. Here's an Example from th Tank Farm here in V.A. of a "Hetzer"

You KNOW this isn't a Hetzer! It is a G-13 disguised as a Jagdpanzer 38. Hetzer was the official name for the E-10. Like the Sd.Kfz. 234/2 isn't the Puma, (official name for another project) one really needs to make the effort to stop perpetuating the errors of the past.
;)

Regards,

I was planning to use them on my yet unfinished Hetzer, but got a little intimidated by the adhesive. I am afraid I'll pull off PE parts and such when I remove the stencil! :pinch:

MIKE - The Adhesive on the masks is very limited. I don't think it'll pull off th P.E. , but in th event that you wanna try this & I think you'll Dig it , Take th stencil off th paper & push it down a couple of times on th back of your hand to take some of th tacky ness off. also this thin stencil can be trimed around th P.E. It'll still lay flat & work great !!

Lemme know how it goes. If you have any more questions feel free to send up a Flare !

@SHARK ..... :blush: You are correct Sir. That's why I put th word Hetzer in " " . I will from now on reefer to it as a Jagd-Panzer 38 ...... Don't let Me perpetuate any unwanted Myths ! :D

@ RON & MOONIE - I'm Glad you Guys Dig it !! It's a very easy tool to have in th Arsenal !! It's easy enough for any Modelers skill set !!

Back