• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Update to the cave

Leopard2

The way it looks like I will be replacing my 2" x 4" 1960's vintage coffee table work bench with with a 7'8" x 5'4" U-shaped Desk within the next 2 or 3 weeks that my GF has left over from her closed business. She said that the coffee table is just not big enough for 2 ppl to work at the same time. She is in N-scale RR ( working on 2 full PE kits of a Saw Dust burner and a Gas Station) and also has a cpl planes in the works.

Joe

Post up some pics asap Joe as I love pictures of caves :)

I would suggest however to post them up on the Caves and workshops thread so we don`t get them lost and plus you may gleen some tips and tricks from the other guys domains as I have :)

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/Modelers-Lounge-/1861-Show-us-your-modelling-caves-workshops-etc-etc?limit=20&start=120

Joe,

Those N scale trains are models you know, when will she be posting here? I am especially interested in those full PE kits you mentioned.

Regards,

Saul,

She already has an account here but hadn't had a chance yet to post anything but I am sure you will see pics of her work soon.

Joe

OK, I started cleaning out the cave to make room for the new desk. And I wonder what happened to those days were you only needed a tube of glue, a hand full of paints, a cpl brushes and a knife to build a model.

I wonder what happened to those days were you only needed a tube of glue, a hand full of paints, a cpl brushes and a knife to build a model.

You forgot to mention that your work space was the lid of the box! Oh those days of Time gone past.

Regards,

You know this thread is nice and all, but think of how much nicer it would be with some PICTURES! Mancave shots are mandatory!

You know this thread is nice and all, but think of how much nicer it would be with some PICTURES! Mancave shots are mandatory!

MP, you wanted pics? Here you go....

Before

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

WIP

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

Well shield your eyes .... It's been hit a Clutter Bomb ! :woohoo: But here's th Whirl Wind tour of the Panzer Shoppe. Please keep all hands inside the rope, Questions will be taken at th end of the tour.

DSC06149%7E0.JPG

I know ... .I can see th anticipation on the brow of your lip ....

DSC06150%7E0.JPG

Here We can see the Captain's Chair where all of the Magic happens. Right now it is docked over at the Library of Congress( the computer is on that left wall). You can also see My print reference !

PANZER_SHOPPE_BENCH.JPG

This is th epi-center of the Operation ! Man ! :woohoo: I really need to get a paint rack made & get some of that crap off th Bench ! :gogo

PANZER_SHOPPE_STASH.JPG

Ah ! Th Stash ... sorry , in My hast I forgot to get a picture of th Stash Broad side ... that's coming.

PANZER_SHOPPE_MODEL_CASE.JPG

Th coveted Wall of fame. I converted th closet into a In-wall cabinet. All I need now is some doors ...I think Lexan would be th lightest .. but $$$$$$. You can also see th Top Shelf is reserved for the "Collectible Hall of Fame". That's a Vintage Unopened Darth Vader's Tie Fighter from '78, Skywalker's X-Wing from '78, Th Snow Speeder from '82. The Kiss van back there, although opened it is 100% unbuilt from '78 ( that's th best I've seen. I've never seen one 100% unopened.) and rounding out th Hall of Fame is a 1/25th scale Danika Patrick Indy car & a re-issued Rommel's Rod( I have another one in th Stash ! :D )

Cheers !!

ERIK

really nice digs !!! But you should get your completed stuff behind glass,or the dust will drive you nuts.

Looks like you have all the points covered!
a bench with only a 6" X 6" work place - check
a good stash - check
stuff on the floor around the bench - check
a place for finished kits - check
reference and a place to put it - check
pin ups on the wall - :blink - I'm really jealous now :ro:

Thanks for sharing!

Pheeeeew, the new desk is set up. After spending about 2.5 hrs driving and a good 2 hrs dismantling it yesterday, Aimee and I went set it up today. Initially we thought we would be done in about 2 hrs. Well we were WRONG. We had to replace about half a dozen of snapped off cam-locks. And I have to admit that the floor isnt the flattest piece you can find. But after about 5 1/2 hrs with a few breaks and spaghetti dinner in between we got it done. So here is my new work station, command center, bridge, cockpit or whatever you want to call it.

PS: as soon as it is completely set up I will supply final pictures.
Joe

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

HEY, that's nice Joe, wrap around work bench. you can set you up an exhaust fan right there vented out the window and spray all sorts of nastiness. Might kill the srubs out side the window but you don't have to prune them then...

MP, I would do that but I think Aimee would have her objections because the rounded of table is her designated workspace and I intend to live a few years longer.

My ears are burning here!!!

Yeah what was only supposed to take a couple of hours took almost 6. It was fun, there were no fights, lots of laughing, some smooching inbetween and we finally wrestled the monster together.
Looks great but will be better when all the fun stuff is back in the room and scattered all over the floor and bench.

2 more weeks until the first contest and I haven't got a single layer of paint on anything I'm planning to enter. Hopefully now that there is room for two of us to work, that will be happening really soon.

MP, I will share nicely with Joe. No worries :lol:

Aimee

Cool desk. I had one exactly the same, but when I moved to the new digs I didnt have room, so only the center remains. Its an awesome workspace. I'm envious. A work bench for 2 with the same interests.
James

Back