• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

UPDATE Promodeler Bf 110- G4 1/48

Leopard2

As promised comes my new wingy thingy project. As A/C Mechanic and former Air Force I think its time to get back to my roots. I won her in a raffle at a contest a cpl month and after the Spitfire I thought I do another one. I am even going to try and add a cpl bits here and there ( Yes Rob, I know, I know...I am getting infected by AMS). Anyway, I try and post pics as I go along.

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

Re:Promodeler Bf 110- G4 1/48

Ohhhh yeah baby.

If this is even close to the quality you put in on your Spitfire, this will be a great model. And with that Squadron book you will be able to do the cockpit, and the radar operators station, and the gun bay, and the radar antenna, and the left engine, and the right engine, and the landing gear, and the internal ribbing, and the wiring, and the control surfaces, and the control linkages, and ALL the rivets. And that should do it :pinch: :laugh: ;) .

Gary B)

what about the hydraulic and brake lines? The tires need the maker's name and tire size embossed as well.

:P

It is a nice kit, enjoy!

This is actually a fairly good replica of the real thing imo. There are a couple details missing in the cockpit, the rear gunners seat is wrong, and the cockpit frame should be flush on the outside. There are also a few wrong paint recommendations.

@ sharkmouth: its actually has small brake lines on the wheels and the tires do have size and maker embossed :D

Joe

Yes, but they are not the one's you should use. :P Don't go the easy route!

As for the brake lines, you will probably end up replacing them as you try to clean them up. My kit was pretty brittle.

Regards,

ok, here are the first pics. I started painting the cockpit. I also have the wing halves glued together as well as the tail section.

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

Lepard looking real good. You have the book I need before I build my 1/32 Dragon 110.

Terry B)

Thx Terry, I am not quite done with the cockpit yet. There are a few more things I want to paint and I am probably change the yellow cables to a more faint yellow.

Joe

Leopard2 wrote:
Thx Terry, I am not quite done with the cockpit yet. There are a few more things I want to paint and I am probably change the yellow cables to a more faint yellow.

Joe

Joe I will keep watch the 110 is one of my favorite planes.

Terry

B)

You are building it quickly and nicely...

MrT wrote:
You have the book I need before I build my 1/32 Dragon 110.

Terry,

That is a great book for many details but it is for the later variants. I believe (unless you are planning a conversion) that the Dragon kits are of the earlier variants. This book is a tad pricey but worth it as it captures all the nuances of the early versions:
51w-PlsfPsL.jpg

ISBN: 190322389X

I also have the four volume set from Wydawnictwo Militaria (dual English and Polish text) but the Classic book combined with the walk around will make sure you apply the details which are correct for whichever variant kit you bought.

Regards,

Thanks guys. As for the book, Saul is right, its for the G-version. Though some detail might be accurate for all versions it covers mainly the night fighters.

Joe

sharkmouth wrote:
You are building it quickly and nicely...

MrT wrote:
You have the book I need before I build my 1/32 Dragon 110.

Terry,

That is a great book for many details but it is for the later variants. I believe (unless you are planning a conversion) that the Dragon kits are of the earlier variants. This book is a tad pricey but worth it as it captures all the nuances of the early versions:
51w-PlsfPsL.jpg

ISBN: 190322389X

I also have the four volume set from Wydawnictwo Militaria (dual English and Polish text) but the Classic book combined with the walk around will make sure you apply the details which are correct for whichever variant kit you bought.

Regards,

Saul you are right the Dragon version is a "C" I believe. I like the older versions and will be sure look into these references.

Thanks
Terry

Looking good. If your interested Aires makes a cockpit which is better than the kits.

And for an uber cool model I'd have to say even with its problems, go for the Dragon kit. I may even get mine finished.
DSC00988.jpg

Anyways I look forward to seeing more of yours.
James

Joe, this is shaping up very nice. I have a friend that wants to trade me a 1/32 Revell with lots of goodies, and am thinking very hard on it. This build doesnt make it any easier!........Harv :silly:

Thanks James and Harv. Its a fun kit sofar. I started sanding and filling on the wings and I just ordered me some Eduard P/E seat belts from Sprue Brothers. So I can put a little more color in the cockpit.

Ok, finally I am about done with the cockpit. I got my Eduard seat belts, which are a kit by themselves...lol. I think the six seat belts contain like 25 parts total. I am now ready to put the other cockpit sidewall on and put everything into the fuselage. After that not much will be left seen from the cockpit. I also started on painting the props and some smaller stuff. I also havent decided on a paint scheme either. Have to see, will probably be a last minute thing...lol.

Joe

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

Thanks Mike, though I am sure I will have to slow down some since I will be start working again on Monday.

Joe

Back