• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tweezer launch..

Deano13

Can someone please tell me why the more valuable and visible the part you send twanging off out of the tweezers the less chance you have of finding it? Just spent a wasted hour trying to find a piece of Aber P.E. off a 250 gun shield that I was trying to finish. Normally on a piece that small I would have some blutac on the tweezers but because I was soldering the blutac wasn't used. Anyone have any good ideas on what they do to prevent tweezer launch? This was done over a swept concrete floor so the carpet monster doesn't even come into play. Oh well having got that off my chest I'm off to have another look. Have a nice day. Dean

Been there. Done that. Don't have a clue how to help. However, thanks for the post. Maybe we'll get some good answers.

Deano,

When soldering, I only use third arms with alligator clips. If I must use tweezers, I get one of the philatelic (wide) types which I normally use for decals. Since they can't twist past the other tip, no tweezer launch.

57.926.jpg

Regards,

Thanks Guys, As it turned out I sent the other half of it off with it's mate so hopefully where ever they are they are happy together :cheer: Saul, they look like a handy item to have. I'll have to keep an eye out for them. Cheers. Dean

Deano, could you put a piece of panty hose over the end of a vacuum cleaner hose and vacuum the floor? You just might find your PE sucked into the panty hose. Just something I read somewhere else, might work.

Tom

Tom,
Is there something you want to tell us about Pantyhose??? :huh: :blush:
I know that you are down in Florida and things get a little wild, but??? :eek:hmy:
LOL
Shawn

Good idea Tom, A lot left of centre but worth a go. Did it work for you? :blush: I'll let you know how I go. Would fishnets work? :blink Dean

Hi Dean,

Mayby this hi-tech solution can work for you??

SDC10557.jpg

I use a toothpick with some "poster buddy" (a chewing gum like stuff used to put posters on the wall) on the tip.

Erik

tomwes wrote:
Just something I read somewhere else, might work.

Tom,

You did not read it at the old Tanks and Things forum?
http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net/help-me-f27/photo-etch-help-t2336.htm#28207

It does work although I usually trim my toenails as they tear right through them.

:P

Regards,

Saul, that could be where I read it :idonno, Deano I tried it once....I didn't find the PE but I realized how dirty the floor was! My workspace is outside so unless something drops close and doesn't go "ping" it's lost. And save your fishnets for the weekend :whistle:

Tom

Back