• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trying to decide what to do tomorrow

jknaus

Administrator
I'd rather sit and build models but my wife wants to go see the million dollar cars. My oldest was saying they were hitting about 330kph today racing down the runway on base. Might go just to see them race the Hornet. Hmmm what to do.

If I break down and go I'll post some pics.

edit found this http://www.zrauto.ca/race-base-challenge.php

James

Go ahead James, Winter will be there in a couple of weeks and you'll have plenty of time to model. Take lots of pictures.

Hmmm you could do either of them but I would suggest doing some shoe shopping with your wife ;) , find a shoe store near the LHS and then you will have freedom to get a nice kit .

I usually do this with Richie and whenever he buys a nice kit , I buy a nice kit too :) , so I get my shoes (and all of Mels if I take her too) and two really nice kits to look at ! Ahhhh life is good B)

Jenny :kiss:

jenny croft wrote:
Hmmm you could do either of them but I would suggest doing some shoe shopping with your wife ;) , find a shoe store near the LHS and then you will have freedom to get a nice kit .

I usually do this with Richie and whenever he buys a nice kit , I buy a nice kit too :) , so I get my shoes (and all of Mels if I take her too) and two really nice kits to look at ! Ahhhh life is good B)

My take on above scenario ........ "Wanna go to the LHS?"

Answer "Yes, Mel are you coming?"........ Translation "I need shoes"

Shoe shopping means from the moment you hop in the car until time of purchase the chatter between the two gets faster and faster in some blonde /sister only language......... find a seat and sit looking like this. :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: If asked how they look you must say "you look hot babe and they make you look so much taller".

Then after having a coffee (the throat needs lubricating after so much shoe shopping) and feining too much interest in their shoes we hit the buisness part. The hobby shop. The supreme commander usually pulls kits down, depending on how many, depends on how many I can look at. ;)

We usually have to go and find Mel who is usually getting a Wasgij for herself and rescue Jenny who is being mobbed by 6 and 7 year olds who think she is Barbie, (no joke) and pay for our stuff .

It is only when I get home I remember that I wanted some liquid poly which is why I wanted to go to the hobby store in the first place .

"Wanna go to the LHS?" and thus we go through the revenue cycle again.

Richie

for those of you who have not tried one WASGIJ are very kewl and highly reccomended ;) . I think Mel has done most of them ;)

Hmmmmm Thats what you can do Badger , do a wasgij :D

Hmmm local hobby shop is 3.5 hours away.Ritchie I feel for you man. I'm thinking it has to be easier to say your going for a pint of milk and swing by the lhs on the way.

Now as to the car thingy, as I'm not a car aficionado the main draw was my son said the army would be there with a Leo and some new vehicles on display and that 4 AD would be doing a demmo with the Orklons firing frangible rounds or blanks...he wasnt sure. Kind of want to go, but its cool and overcast out this morning. Decisions decisions.
James

Well James , If Richie went to the LHS without me he would be in the Naughty corner for a month without any pizza :pp .

I reckon you should see if you can find a Wasgij and your wife can help :)

I'm debating weedeating or cleaning out the gutters and James has this debate going on? My life is so empty....

moon puppy wrote:
I'm debating weedeating or cleaning out the gutters and James has this debate going on? My life is so empty....

:X thats what Tuesdays are for.

moon puppy wrote:
Work on Tuesdays...you don't think I'm going to come home and work do you?

:pinch: I guess I'm still stuck in the farming way of life. :pinch:

When I am trying to decide what to do I will narrow it down to three choices .......
Modeling , modeling , or modeling . The choice is always tough , but I think I will go with modeling.

modelguru wrote:
When I am trying to decide what to do I will narrow it down to three choices .......
Modeling , modeling , or modeling . The choice is always tough , but I think I will go with modeling.

ME too. Decision was fairly easy. crummy day out and cool. Model room was warm and inviting. So did some modeling.
James

Back