• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter Geschutzwagen, yep another one!

I have been working away on this kit for a couple of weeks. Only additions have been an RB barrel, worth its weight in gold as the detail is superb, and some plastic card bolts. However I may invest in some frul tracks for the beastie as I am not that impressed with the kit supplied items.
I also enhanced the surfaces of the hull plates etc. with Mr surfacer and a round burr in a motor tool.

DSCF0092.jpg

DSCF0100.jpg

DSCF0109.jpg

Painting wise I used a whole can of tamiya primer on the bugger and then sprayed the insides of the fighting compartment and lower hull plus wheels in red oxide mixed from tamiya colours. German grey for the gun cradle and dark yellow plus a slug of white where also used for the remaining parts. A bit of colour modulation on selected parts followed then lots of micro chipping on the red oxide parts with vallejo colours and a sponge.

Next some streaking with oils, a pin wash and a drop or two of MIG filters followed. The camo was sprayed free hand and my idea was to try and replicate tree boughs and hedgerows on the vehicle as I did not want to revert to stripes on this one. I'm calling ths my "oak leaf scheme" as it reminds me of oak leaves, totally unintentional the airbrush just flowed that way!

DSCF0124.jpg

DSCF0142.jpg

DSCF0145.jpg

DSCF0146.jpg

DSCF0147.jpg

DSCF0148.jpg

and that's where I am now with the model sorry for the long post.
Pete

Back