• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter E-50 with GT-103 turbine conversion

What are you using for the cables? They look about as realistic as i've seen.

Thanks MP :)

The thicker cabels are the ones provided in the kit, they are cooper wire and plastic ends.

The thinner one (think it is used for helping with mounting the tracks) i scrapped the kits plastic wire and used some nylon string i found along with my old toys at my fathers house, think it was used for kites (it was rolled up on a blue plastic handle.
It is nice because you don't have all the small threads sticking out from it like with cotton string etc. and I found some cable ends from Tamiya and cut them to fit the original mounts. when i placed it i "painted" the wire with zap-a-gap superglue to make it stay in the desired shape.

Mats

Thanks Mats. I think those cables really look great & may try something similar for my Tiger-I :hmmm :drinks

Back