• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tony Lee's Ugly Duckling (Bison II)

Finally, those two drill bits I needed came in today and I got the wheels drilled out to fit the kit axles.
I'll get the Fruils fitted tomorrow.:woohoo:
100_0934.jpg

Storms moving in for tomorrow:eek:hmy:
Tony lee:)

I didn't get the tracks fitted today because something came up.
I received an e-mail from L. Limprecht in Germany with a copy of a hand written letter from a real Bison II crew member on Apr 19,1988

One page shows a portion of the interior lay-out:
Untitled.jpg

Two metal boxes that held seven rounds and he said the other three were laid on the floor under the gun and covered. He also said a couple of halftracks followed each Bison carring 25 rounds each for resupply.
Also note that the gun trailing arms didn't extend through the firewall like portrayed by the Alan kit.

How the kit goes together:
100_0935.jpg

100_0936.jpg

Anybody got any ideas about where I can get the extra room to move the gun forward like it should be??????

Thanks

A chop and channel won't help, maybe a sectioning job from ear to ear might do it.:hmmm
To get the gun in front of the firewall i've got to find 30mm or 1 and 3/16th inches.

You've got to be kiddin me Alan.:(

Looks like you figured the gun placement out, the tracks make it look real mean!

CHOP: Take a section out of the window areas and then re-attach the top so it sits lower.
CHANNEL: Cut out the floor and lower the body over the frame. You retain stock chassis height but the auto looks lower.
SECTION: Remove a section out of the body sides front to rear to give it a more streamline look. Or from side to side to shorten or lengthen the body.

Got It Now?

tony, that's awesome work, nothing less!

sorry - i'm of no help with solving the gun placement problem! (or is it solved already?)

Back