• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

To everyone in the UK and British Commonwealth...

Heavens Eagle

I just noticed that Queen Elizabeth has passed away. I want to wish you and your countries well through this trying time.

Queen-Elizabeth-II-700x420.jpg

I think Liz Truss, the British PM of just 2 days summed it up by saying
" She was the rock that modern Britain was built on"

No one here is too proud not to shed a tear for her, i noticed even Justin Trudeau was fighting back emotions.

I think Liz Truss, the British PM of just 2 days summed it up by saying
" She was the rock that modern Britain was built on"

No one here is too proud not to shed a tear for her, i noticed even Justin Trudeau was fighting back emotions.
It is truly sad to lose our Queen. I'm not allowed to get political, but JT is a tool who crysa fake tears on demand to suck people into thinking he might be anything but what he really is.

We will never see her like again. As a Queen she exemplified duty, honor, and country. She was also a fine statesman with a wicked sense of humor. Elizabeth was the British Empire.

My Thanks to the Queen Mum for her devotion to Her people, Her class, her style and her reflection on the Monarchy, even when things got rough. A life fully lived and a job well executed. I "Harrumph" PM Liz Truss! What paltry words I could add would mean little after that.
My sympathies to all of her subjects. She was a Doozy! She was Queen Elizabeth my whole life.
I wonder if Great Britain is getting a "Brandon" of their very own.

It is truly sad to lose our Queen. I'm not allowed to get political, but JT is a tool who crysa fake tears on demand to suck people into thinking he might be anything but what he really is.
Amen! Anyone who voted for that entitled fool ought to be ashamed of themselves.

There is a palpable sense of sadness here. People seem to be going about their days on auto. its very quiet in the shops and street.
TV is just remembrance programs, the radio is playing sombre music, even the pop stations are playing Elton john ballads and love songs.
The moment the queen died the Price of wales became king so the constitution and leadership is constant, seamless.
now everything that was queen is now King so the money will change, all the postage stamps have the Queens head in the corner so they will change.
The army immediately swears allegiance to the king, the legal system is in the name of the Queen right to the top ie: the Crown courts. Even the parliamentary system is the queens government
New royal mail post boxes will now have CR on them and the kings Crown.
Its actually very interesting as just about every facet of every day society is still based on a monarchy system. from her majesties customs / border force through the armed forces, the legal system and the government. The police and , IRS
Groups that were on strike like some railway workers and the post office have gone back to work.
The queen will be buried on the 19th

Thanks for your insight Paddy. This is something that has not happened in 70 years so almost no one has experienced this. Quite interesting for me and am truly sorry for your nation in their grief.

Macron summed it up when he said , too the english she was "your" Queen, to us she was "the" Queen.
Surprised to see even the Italians had a minutes silence before the Italian F1 GP today.
Funny to see phycologists today trying to understand why everyone is so upset about someone they never met. I think part of it for people my age was a reference to their own mothers. My mum was born in 1926 like the Queen ( and Margret thatcher) so its been easy for me to understand her generations values and my mum was also in the ATS during the War like the Queen. So basically it brings back memories of mothers and grandmothers who have also died and the corresponding sadness..
I think that generation lived in a much better world at a slower place, in a less crowded place and in a much more contented simple life.
Maybe the sadness is because she represented a life style lost ?

The End of an Age, perhaps? I am grateful for your impressions and opinions. The Queen was one of few constants in a world of increasing upheaval and division. Thanks Paddy.

The Queen is now lying in state in Westminster Hall.

ff55f7c7-62cf-41ed-beaf-87026739e549.jpg

Westminster Hall is 1000 years old but its roof is relatively new having been replaced in 1360. :)
The queue to file past the Coffin is currently 3 miles long....
flights from London Heathrow were stopped so there was silence during the trip from Buckingham palace to Westminster Hall.

1_Queen-Elizabeth-II-death.jpg

The guys on the right are Blues and royals, on the left, Life guards, two of the regiments in the household cavalry.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing @paddy ! It is always interesting and fascinating the customs of other countries. While Elizabeth wasn't our Queen, she was a person of character and integrity her whole life. She is truly due our respect for her achievements, and her life.

My wife and I watched the funeral procession today. Hard to believe she's gone. She was not only the Queen of Great Briton, but in my opinion, ours and the worlds too. Great Briton has given the world so much. Gary S.

Back