• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Time for Reflection

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
Berlin 1945
An injured Flaktower Artilleryman bandaged after recieving wounds from a nearby exploding shell thinks back to the last 6 years of war and wonders if it was worth it, for him it is indeed a
Time for Reflection

img_2602_20100421_1612062754.jpg

img_2591_20100421_1870170268.jpg

img_2589_20100421_1921385456.jpg

img_2590_20100421_1022652093.jpg

The figure itself is a Yosci resin one, a superb bit of scupting, but sadly the one I had had a lot of airbubbles just under the surface and some popped and I lost the complete back of the figures head which I had to resculpt with Aves putty the same goes for the right hand, it was completely unusable so I swopped it for a converted Dragon hand and a copper wire Cigarette.
The base was an old resin pavement section that Ive had for aleast 15years I cut it down to size and placed an old Italeri box aves putty around the sides and cut strips of plastic to simulate bricks, splinters of wood were placed to simulate timber and some small stones for rubble.

Every thing was painted with Vallejo and Andrea apart from the face which received some oils for the shading.

Hope you like

Andy

I really , really get the sense of despair from this figure . I love the way you have done the dried blood on his head and right hand . He looks a battered , forlorn man . Not knowing the future of himself , his family or his country . Their is a real resigned dispair which you see with it .

A real evocative image , superbly finished Andy :) . Well done ! :laugh:

Jenny :kiss:

I like it a lot, moody and dramatic piece , makes the viewer think about the feelings of the soldier, way to go Andy, good work.

Very nicely done. I like the shading and have to say good save, with all the air bubbles.
James

Dear Tanktrax, Steiner, Dioramix, John, James,
Thank you very much indeed for your thoughts on my piece they are much appreciated

Besy Wishes

Andy

Andy,

That's a well done figure and good story/theme. I creates the atmoshpere where the audience wants to ask the same questions. Again, well done.

James

Nice build! This reminds me of an old song "Reflections of my Life". But whose figure and what scale is this?
Keep them coming anyway.

Hi James,Lupanzer,Maniac,and Eagle

Thank you very much for those comments I really do appreciate them

The Figure is a Yosci and its 1/35 with a few slight modifications.

I was partuculary pleased the way he came out, what with using a different hand
a very nice figure to paint as well.

He rewarded me with first place at a recent IPMS show in Indiana :)

Back