• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tiger Panzer VI by Bandai in 1/48th scale

100_7067.JPG

Cables are now painted and installed. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

100_7068.JPG
100_7069.JPG
100_7070.JPG

Thanks!! Except for a small area over the pistol port on the lt. side of the turret, the zimmerit is done. Road wheels and idler wheel are painted and installed. The drive sprocket will be installed when the tracks go on. After touching up the dark yellow the camo will be painted next. Thanks for looking, Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

Hey Gary, just getting caught up with this one!

Very sorry to hear about your cat, never easy to loose them.

This build is looking great! I am impressed with the detail of such an old small build!

Thanks!! We are still getting used to not having a furry friend around. I think that the detail of these very old kits is very good. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

100_7079.JPG
100_7080.JPG

The Tiger not's done yet. Made a bucket and oil can. The bucket is filled with epoxy. The 55 gal. can is from the P-61 kit. Started to lay out the base using a sheet of 1/4 in. MDF and the tree used to be my Banzai tree that died. Enough room on base for a Panther and a MK IV in the future. Gary S.
XLV MMXXIV

Across the Globe, armor model collectors are gnashing their teeth and rending their clothes to see you build such a priceless, rare classic kit! I say "Bravo!" Models are for building and enjoying! :vgood:

Thanks Rhino!! What else are they for? As far as priceless goes, nobody has offered a priceless offer yet. I still have some more Bandai kits to build. My next Bandai armor kit to build will be the Panther and then a Mk 4 H. I also have a Mk. 4 D and jeep. Thanks again, Gary S. XLV MMXXIIV

100_7125.JPG
100_7131.JPG

Just a quick update. I've been away from the bench because we went to Florida for my son's "wedding". After 20 yrs. together, he and his girlfriend decided to make it legal. It was a costume affair on Halloween. He was a long haired, bearded Captain Kirk and she wore black lace. Need I say more. A good time was had though. Anyway I managed beforehand to apply some Dollar Tree spackle tbuildingo the base and give a base coat of brown.
That's it for now as I started building a Ni-17 also. Thanks, Gary S. LGB XIV MMXXIV

100_7157.JPG
100_7167.JPG

Added grassy areas by stippling spackle and painting it various shades of green and then a brown wash. Then I placed a Jagpanther and a Nashord for placement for future builds of a Panther and a Mark IV H. Added a figure and a 55 gal. drum with a can of oil on top. It's almost done. Gary S. LGB XLV MMXXIV

Back