• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tiger II, Gdansk '45

JSteinman

Master at Arms
Place holder for a future project.
56797996_2299702743686173_7472405593597149184_n.jpg

Last edited:
My guess is it is a shell hole that they drove right into. maybe in the dark, then dug themselves in deeper by trying to move forward and backward to get out - they failed.

Looks like that street car rail is going over the glacis, makes me wonder if this was not more dramatic and action filled, maybe shell hit right in front of them as they were moving.

Looks like that street car rail is going over the glacis, makes me wonder if this was not more dramatic and action filled, maybe shell hit right in front of them as they were moving.
You left out the part where the driver was decapitated by the rail with his head impaled. Nah, the doctor won't model that!

Regards,

I recall the photo so, here is another (good news):
czolgbefore2.jpg

Now the bad news... this is a Tiger II from SS-Panzer-Abteilung 103, located at Długie Ogrody street, Danzig (Gdansk, Poland) and not Berlin.

Regards,

I recall the photo so, here is another (good news):
10382433_804484992935941_1138632123994270044_o.jpg

Now the bad news... this is a Tiger II from SS-Panzer-Abteilung 103, located at Długie Ogrody street, Danzig (Gdansk, Poland) and not Berlin.

Regards,
Not bad news - It doesn't matter where it is to me, the more info the better - and more photos too!

Not bad news - It doesn't matter where it is to me, the more info the better - and more photos too!
I thought you were set on a Berlin scene. I don't have any more photos yet. I can probably get then and now types to help you with location details.

Regards,

For additional details, that is a Soviet Studebaker and IS-2m (lower case) in the background of the first photo which you posted.

Regards,

I will probably concentrate on just the tank and church, maybe the cart as well.
I must be tired... Is there a cart in one of the photos? I see horses, one loose and another with a rider, either which qualifies this for Mustang Mania!
:bang head

Regards,

Back