• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tiger I WHIF

Adam

Hi guys. I'm pretty new here. Had a couple of posts on the old forum. I just finished this up this weekend. This is the Tamiya Tiger I Late with Fruil tracks. The camo is from my imagination. Let me know what you think. Comments and criticism welcome for sure.

tiger25.jpg

tiger26.jpg

tiger27.jpg

tiger28.jpg

tiger29.jpg

tiger30.jpg

tiger31.jpg

tiger33.jpg

tiger34.jpg

tiger35.jpg

tiger36.jpg

Nice work Adam,

Like the guys said nice and clean, a little too clean for me (but never mind me I am a maniac for mud and dirt :laugh: )

One observation, try not to overdue the powder residue in the muzzle break. Unless the tank just got done with a long firefight. Remember, when you are in a tank, that main gun is your life and you would clean it after every engagement. This tends to give the end of a gun a polished metal look.

I hope this helps and keep up the great work.

dave

Nice build Adam.

Will you be putting this on a scenic base? It would look cool moving down a narrow lane or in some long grass.

Ant

Dave Diaz wrote:
Nice work Adam,

Like the guys said nice and clean, a little too clean for me (but never mind me I am a maniac for mud and dirt :laugh: )

One observation, try not to overdue the powder residue in the muzzle break. Unless the tank just got done with a long firefight. Remember, when you are in a tank, that main gun is your life and you would clean it after every engagement. This tends to give the end of a gun a polished metal look.

I hope this helps and keep up the great work.

dave

You're right Dave. I thought I overdid that a little bit and I completely forgot to give it a little silver dry brush. Luckily it is only pastel and is not sealed so I can fix that up real quick.

Ant, I do have a little scenic base in mind for this but first I gotta practice up on those skills. I've never done a base before.

Oh and yes that wet spot is my fault. I spilled my relaxation beverage when I was photographing. ;)

Thanks everyone for the comments. :)

-Adam

Hi Adam.

That kitty looks real nice. I like the camo and the construction is nice and clean. And I really like the tow cables. The only thing I could suggest would be to work on the camo net just a little bit more to make it look like it has weight to it. I would try to soak it in a 50/50 mix of white glue and water, then drape it over the barrel. And as it dries continually pull down on the ends so they all hang straight down, instead of curled up and looking weightless.

But it is still a great looking Tiger.

Gary B)

Looks great to me, nice and clean (I'm a big fan of dirty tanks too)...
It's just like the real thing, they leaked pretty good too.
I have to agree with the barrel and camo netting to (both should be
easy to fix). Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing the
base you have in mind for it too.
I hope that wasn't alcohol abuse (Party foul)... :eek:hmy: :lol:
Shawn

Back