• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Winds of War, My first Superdiorama!

Re: The Winds of War, My very first Diorama!

WOW WOW WOW, Bob!!!

Great dio for my eyes!!!

More than 30 years, but is a great work....

Congrats for this remember moment!

Yago.

(y) remember looking at the dioramas in the tamiya catalogue and tried to make something similar, still remember one of some paratroopers walking by a big house (think it was british paras in holland, name of the dio could have been "Arnhem") and there where a big tree to, always wanted to build something like that since then, but still not dared to do it :unsure:
Great dio Bob!! :notworthy

Thanks! I have only built one diorama with British Paras in Holland. It was called "Lost Cause" and in on my masterclass thread.

Bob

WOW WOW WOW, Bob!!!

Great dio for my eyes!!!

More than 30 years, but is a great work....

Congrats for this remember moment!

Yago.

Thanks Yago. It is old! :D

Bob

They say "You can't make a silk stocking out of a sows ear" but that Dio proves em wrong.
That is one hell of a build in the dark ages of modeling,no wonder your a Dio master. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

.Kurt.

Thanks Kurt,

When I look at this today, I see so much wrong with it in every possible way, it's hard to be positive about it. I guess for what little experience I had, the absence of aftermarket altogether and lack of availability of figures, I did OK. Just OK.

I've never thought of myself as a master of anything. I'm still learning every day just like everybody else!

Bob

I remember seeing this in FSM and was floored by the details, and attempted my first dio with posterboard, Elmer's glue and dyed saw dust! It is still a beautiful piece of work.

I remember seeing this in FSM and was floored by the details, and attempted my first dio with posterboard, Elmer's glue and dyed saw dust! It is still a beautiful piece of work.

Well thanks, I appreciate that. Wow! Posterboard, Elmers glue and dyed saw dust? Tell me how that turned out! (y)

Bob

You ARE the Yedi master of dio's, my friend. Gorgeous.......Harv

Thanks Harv,

Hmmmm, you know, I do kinda resemble Yoda! Yeah! Check it out! "Luke, try you should not, do!"

Bob

Well thanks, I appreciate that. Wow! Posterboard, Elmers glue and dyed saw dust? Tell me how that turned out!

I had nowhere near the results that you accomplished with your work, Bob. :woohoo: In fact, my dio "folded." :blink

Well thanks, I appreciate that. Wow! Posterboard, Elmers glue and dyed saw dust? Tell me how that turned out!

I had nowhere near the results that you accomplished with your work, Bob. :woohoo: In fact, my dio "folded." :blink

Well, just keep practicing! I've been making those buildings since the early 70s!

Bob

Well, just keep practicing! I've been making those buildings since the early 70s!

My "folded" dio was done back in the 80s...but the sheer thought of even attempting one back then was so exciting, even if the outcome was not successful. :lol:

Back